Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (31-40):
kailu1835
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I agree with the article.  People need to stop trying to look 20 years younger than they are, because it just looks fake and ridiculous.

702girly
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

That's ridiculous. I think they surveyed a bunch of bitches. Old women shouldn't wear lipstick or have nice nails? What a joke.

IansMommy2012
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

No I dont think it's too old . .it just depends on your body type. i mean . there are some young girls that shouldn't wear certain clothing ( reveiling or too tight for their body type ) i think it should be what ever you feel comfortable in!!! ;) 

IansMommy2012
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Ohh and could i get a white chocolate hot chocolate with extra whip topping please: ) 

FoxTales
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this

My 65 year old grandmother took great pride in dressing well, including lipstick and (modest) fake nails. She was a beautiful lady and took pride in her appearance - as long as you dress to compliment yourself, you shouldn't have an age restriction on certain items. If you wear it well, then you shouldn't be told not to!

grammarpolice
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM

My mother told me I was "too old" to wear what I wore to my 30th HS reunion this past September. Opinions?

Dayna29
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I don't agree with it. It was bad enough as a child that when you are bigger, they always put huge flowers on clothing making you feel like you are dressing like an older lady. Sorry, but that was not how I wanted to feel. My aunt was 60 when she got her first tattoo. What are they going to do, make all the women remove tats when they hit a certain age? Sorry but that means they are trying to make everyone look the same and should act the same. No way! Not in my book. We all have different personalities and we should be able to express them. Even if it means dressing sexy. I will be one of those grandmas that if I have it, use it. I will still dress sexy and nice. If I am still able to wear my boots, I  will. We are all individuals. We are not prisoners therefore we should not have to wear the same thing!

wedding countdown

To Love, Honor, & Cherish

MrsLondon
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Same thing I was thinking!! I have two tattoos and unless I remove them they'll be there til I'm 90!! Oh well! I guess I'll just be an old lady with a couple of tattoos.

Quoting splatz:

Haha... because tattoos magically go away once you hit a certain age, right?!

meliscool72
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM

to take ones selfesteem away is not recommended in my book

Allebas
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I don't give a crap what ANYONE says about fashion/make-up!! You should be able to dress and wear whatever make-up/nail polish, shoes, etc that YOU want to wear!! That British Beauty Company can kick rocks!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)