Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (51-60):
HistoryNutty
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Women should always look more 'natural'.

rayroe2
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I don't agree!! I say live it up! but I do believe there is age range in clothing. I know once I am in my 60's I am getting outfits like the women on the golden girls wear or that old school style. I don't think mini skirts are good for anyone or any age!

LisaSmock
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM
No you can have makeup and shoes and nails tell u die
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tristahope
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Quoting BDHRZsMOM:

I do not agree at all! I believe you live for you not others! If you like what you ware and feel comfortable GO FOR IT!simple smile

Agree!! :)
lyngerdam
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Personally at 58 I no longer wear mini skirts, do wear walking shorts. Balance prohibits really high heels but platform shoes work great. Never been big on makeup but not stopping anytime soon. I want to be like my granny who in her late 70's gave up her 3" heels for gold lame sneakers. She was blind and didn't want to fall. I've had acrylic nails for over 20 years - not stopping anytime soon. More than the manicure, the women I've met while getting my nails done have taught me so much - there are a couple of 80 year olds that inspire me every time we talk.

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM
I Tina Turner still looks better in a mini skirt than most ladies much younger. Her legs are killer!

What's age got to do- got to do with it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DaniandTom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM

The other day I saw a woman in the store who had to be in her mid 60's or even older. She was short and heavy and had her hair cut short--like 1/2 inch all around. She had dyed her hair bright, Kelly green and had on a hot pink headband with a big pink flower on it! At first I thought "OMG How pathetic!" But then I stopped and said to myself "Why shouldn't she do whatever makes her happy? We spend way too much time worrying about being "appropriate" and far too little time being real. This woman was real and although I doubt I would ever consider doing what she did, I have to say I admired her for letting her hair down--so to speak!

grace1973
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I think once your kids are in high school, you should probably ditch the shirts that expose your tramp stamp.  It's probably time to give up the platform flip flops too. 

JUFINOMA
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

my mom is 60 and we joke about how older women get that short white curly hair cut and wear puppy dog sweat shirts and lacey turtle necks with polyester pants when they get older, she wears clothes from Ann Taylor and Talbots and looks very sophisticated and keeps her hair a little above her shoulders and styles it nicely each day, wears make up still. Always looks pretty. I hope I look like her when I get older. I am 31 and am a bit loft sweater wearer these days lol.. and jeans from target (holy cow target jeans style #3 are AMAZING jeans believe it or not haha.) pair that with a pair of casual heals (that are not too high usually slides or something and some jewelry) and I am comfortable. (make up always sometimes hair is up in a twist sometimes down)

MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I do not think that there is an age women should start looking "{natural" at. they should be themselves and it is no ones business what they wear as long as they are happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)