Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break time! Hot Topic: You're Too Old To Wear That!

Welcome to Mom To Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break!

According to a British beauty company who surveyed 2,000 women over the age of 45, the age to grow old gracefully is 59. This is the age women believe they should stop wearing lipstick, high heels, tight fitting clothing and artificial nails. The survey also found that women over the age of 40 should not wear baseball caps, artificial tans or mini-skirts. Other age restricted fashions in the survey include tattoos and tall boots.
                                              Read more about it here.

1. Do you agree with the survey?

2. At what age do you think women should start to look more 'natural'?

3. What 'questionable' items do you have in your wardrobe?

4. Do you think certain types of fashion should be restricted to a certain age group?

While you share your thoughts with us, be sure to let us know what                                      you would like us to serve you!

Be sure to check out these posts as you wait!

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us.

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Replies (61-70):
JUFINOMA
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM

http://elquadrosart.com/

This is my mom (her website)

Monkeymama930
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM
For me I never wear make up mini skirts or high heels and I am in my 20's I stoped all that when I graduated college and went into the working world. It's just really not "cool" when you run into your boss and you are wearing a low cut shirt mini skirt and stripper heels even when it's not a work setting. :-)
I think woman should start looking more natural at all ages I don't get this fake hair fake make up fake hair look! Love how we look just the way we are.
My spongebob pants yes they are pjs and no I don't wear them out but my SO teases me every time I wear them.
YES if you are over 40 please don't due your hair rainbow colors! :-/
BomberJenny
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Im going to die doing what I want, so im going to wear what I want when I want! And by God I will die an old grandma riding my motorcycle and not from dust and arthritis... And screw you fashion world!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gma12.1
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I think that you should wear what you want for as long as you want.

lucysmommy69
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM

well, you should stop wearing tattoos when elementary school is over, but real ones are awesome!

jeenw1019
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

My neighbor is in her mid 50's and she wears skinny jeans and knee high boots all the time and looks great in them.  I say wear what looks good on you.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Quoting momcat437:

I'm one of those "older" women and I have no intention of giving up my lipstick!  Or knee high boots (I live in Ohio and boots are a must--might as well be stylish, too!)--I do draw the line at skinny jeans (I may hurt myself) and short anythings (too scary)--I may be old but I'm not dead!! AND they'll have to shoot me before I give up my Loreal Preference!! ; )

THIS!
myoldest1999
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Apparently I'm a 32 year old old woman...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy1200785
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I like to ware what i want any time i want and i dont do the fashions and i do not the trends. Iam not like everyone who likes to ware fashy clothes or trendy clothes like the stars

marihla
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM

If it feels good, do it! Don't let other people decide when you should stop dressing the way you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN