Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i am too young.....

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
To be a Grammy... my step daughter best friend us 14 and she is pregnant. She is like our daughter also. Her mother even calls us her step parents. I love her just like I do the other ones. When we were old she was pregnant it was a kick in the stomach... I am not bitching about being a grandparent. I love kids and now I can get my baby fix. But she is still a baby herself. Yes her mother is making her keep it. She will be going to school but once she is don't her home work she will be taking care of the baby...And her mother said one of my kids would be getting pregnant 1st. Anyway I will be a 27year old Nana ( keeping what the grandkids called my mom) I will love this baby like it is my grandchild. Tho I don't not support the face that she was having sex at 14 but there's nothing I can do about it now. Just needed to get this off my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dylansmom08
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Its not going to be easy for her but it can be okay my cousin had her first baby at 12. I dont know what it is but it seems common practice these days that girls are having babys younger and younger. Hope all goes well
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM
She has a lot of support so I think she will do OK. I'll take the baby any day. But stuff like this happens all the time.

Quoting dylansmom08:

Its not going to be easy for her but it can be okay my cousin had her first baby at 12. I dont know what it is but it seems common practice these days that girls are having babys younger and younger. Hope all goes well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM
ah man...i would be devistated too...i mean of course you will love the baby but man shes so young...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM

yeah she is. but she thought she was old enought have have sex so now she has to deal with it..i guess

Quoting stickyfingers:

ah man...i would be devistated too...i mean of course you will love the baby but man shes so young...

stickyfingers
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM
i understand and i was 14 too and i know i was nowhere near ready to have a baby.

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

yeah she is. but she thought she was old enought have have sex so now she has to deal with it..i guess

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM
That's a rough situation. Good luck to her, she's lucky to have such a support system.
Megan11587
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM

It sounds like she has a good support system, which is good, but still, it's sad to see a kid lose their childhood that young to something like this.

EmmaZate
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Is your stepdaughter 14 too? How many years are between you and dh? And your right, 27 is way too young to be a grandmother! Thankfully when I am 27 my oldest will only be 8! So I don't have to worry about that.
arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM
She my step daughter best friend but she call us mom and dad 6 years between us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM

12, now that is young!

Quoting dylansmom08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)