Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
To be a Grammy... my step daughter best friend us 14 and she is pregnant. She is like our daughter also. Her mother even calls us her step parents. I love her just like I do the other ones. When we were old she was pregnant it was a kick in the stomach... I am not bitching about being a grandparent. I love kids and now I can get my baby fix. But she is still a baby herself. Yes her mother is making her keep it. She will be going to school but once she is don't her home work she will be taking care of the baby...And her mother said one of my kids would be getting pregnant 1st. Anyway I will be a 27year old Nana ( keeping what the grandkids called my mom) I will love this baby like it is my grandchild. Tho I don't not support the face that she was having sex at 14 but there's nothing I can do about it now. Just needed to get this off my chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-15):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

She has a good support system which is good. 14 is too young to have a baby. It will take away all her teen years. I had mine at 17 and it was hard enough.

grace1973
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I don't personally think a 14 year old is wise enough to understand the concept of 'informed consent'.  I feel for her, the father, and both families.  Tough situation for all. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

hope things work out...

arilolojrsmom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

thanks

Quoting delanna6two:

hope things work out...

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

you're welcome...

Quoting arilolojrsmom:

thanks

Quoting delanna6two:

hope things work out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN