Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you enjoy going to the movie theater?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you enjoy going?
Do you feel like it is a waste of money?
How often do you go?

I'm officially old because I HATE going. I haven't gone in 3 years now. Its just so expensive. I much rather enjoy a movie in my own home where I can be comfortable and pause it if I need to. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (31-38):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I like the movies sometimes, and it depends on whats playing on whether I will go or not.  Only thing I don't like is when parents bring their little ones to a later movie, especially if that movie is rated R or is a faced paced action, some kids are ok, but a lot of them are usually scared and crying all the way through.  But I do enjoy the movies from time to time

supercarp
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I love going to a movie, as long as there isn't some idiot on his phone or a couple of oblivious old women talking or a stinky guy who won't take a bath near me.

MedicMommyAnne
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I hate going to the theater.  It costs too much, there is always someone talking or a kid crying, the sound is too loud.  I would rather wait for it to come out on DVD and buy the movie.  It such cheaper than paying for 4 people to see it, then it can be watched over and over again.  If it is something that we don't think we would watch more than once we red box it.

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I enjoy it!  It is overpriced but it's worth it every now and then.  We go maybe once a month with the kids.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM

We think alike! lol  I rather buy a movie on dvd if I know its one we will love & if not we Redbox as well. :)

Quoting MedicMommyAnne:

I hate going to the theater.  It costs too much, there is always someone talking or a kid crying, the sound is too loud.  I would rather wait for it to come out on DVD and buy the movie.  It such cheaper than paying for 4 people to see it, then it can be watched over and over again.  If it is something that we don't think we would watch more than once we red box it.

NiCo86
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
no, our theater is lame. only one screen, they play two movies a day abd change movies every week. the heaters almost always broken and the damn teenagers always take the comfy seats o.O not to mention the cost if admission, plus snacks, plus babysitter >.< not worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saltycoqui
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:23 PM
I don't go anymore. The last movie I saw was Signs. How long ago was that?
I don't want to over pay for crappy food, ushers and sticky floors anymore. Not to mention noisy people.I don't miss it. I like my living room and sometimes renting on my own tv.
Pink.Sunshine
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

No I hate it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN