Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you enjoy going to the movie theater?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you enjoy going?
Do you feel like it is a waste of money?
How often do you go?

I'm officially old because I HATE going. I haven't gone in 3 years now. Its just so expensive. I much rather enjoy a movie in my own home where I can be comfortable and pause it if I need to. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I got the matinee and on the "cheap day". I love it, I actually go by myself.  It's great to get out alone and have two solid hours to relax. I've only gone twice in the last year though, I feel guilty for going and leaving the kiddo.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM

We love going.

jaydensmom1726
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM

we go a few times a year. like this summer i think we went 3x's but it will probably be spring before i go again.thats when the good movies seem to come out

woolftwo
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Totally agree!!! Big waste of money! Plus so much more comfortable at home! Was also always a big hassle to try and sit away from the many people who drench themselves in stinky perfume or cologne or even a really smelly deodorant or whatever!!!!! I have MCS now so I have to be super careful with that! I haven't been in at least 5 years! So guess that officially makes me older then old. Any distractions at home can easily be turned OFF for movie night at home! Plus, with a 60" TV it's almost like a theatre anyway!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I like it every now and then....I don't really go a lot because of money but I kinda enjoy watching it on dvd from my own home really.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:40 AM
LOL!
Sadly common courtesy is not very common anymore though. :(

Quoting Dayna29:

I did until I had to pay for the ticket. Its way too exspensive. Its been at least 4 years since I've gone. Now I'm not sure when I'm going to go again. SMH! Then the girl next to me wouldn't stop texting. The noise was off but her phone flashed like a camera and she complained about people texting. So stop texting back or turn the phone off. I finally leaned into her and told her to tell the people that the lady next to her took her phone and stop texting. She looked at me weird but she didn't get a text shortly after I told her that. Some people can be so rude. But I had enough of the flash next to me.LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I think I want to come watch a movie at your house! haha

Quoting woolftwo:

Totally agree!!! Big waste of money! Plus so much more comfortable at home! Was also always a big hassle to try and sit away from the many people who drench themselves in stinky perfume or cologne or even a really smelly deodorant or whatever!!!!! I have MCS now so I have to be super careful with that! I haven't been in at least 5 years! So guess that officially makes me older then old. Any distractions at home can easily be turned OFF for movie night at home! Plus, with a 60" TV it's almost like a theatre anyway!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
It can be fun. But I will only go if its a movie that I really want to see.

Quoting delanna6two:

I like it every now and then....I don't really go a lot because of money but I kinda enjoy watching it on dvd from my own home really.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woolftwo
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Okay, come on over!!! Just make sure you bring those two adorable kiddos with you. We have nearly 1000 blu-rays, pretty much every Disney movie that is out on blu-ray and plenty of popcorn too.

popcorn

Quoting splatz:

I think I want to come watch a movie at your house! haha

Quoting woolftwo:

mommieT
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:03 PM

If that's the case I'm officially old also. I hate going and it's toooo expensive now the candy, popcorn etc ridiculous. every sat dh and I do family night with the kids we all pick one movie from redbox or netflix pop popcorn turn off all the lights and snuggle up even the dog's get in.  If i'm in a good mood i'll make nacho's and cheese and we pig out. going to the movies is only good for a date night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)