Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

He plays with theirs so why not.

My ds just turned three. He loves video games. He's always asking to play my iPod. ( it sounds so cute when he says it). He also loves playing his big brothers ds ( age 9). But ds doesn't let him play it that often. So I allow him to play my iPod that I downloaded toddler games on. Se are educational but his favorite is a race car game. I told my husband I want to get him his own ds 3d for christmas. Is he too young for his own game system
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM
You might try something more geared toward his age like a LeapPad?
sweetmissy_05
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Probably not a 3DS......maybe something a little older like gameboy perhaps>

sweetmissy_05
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Or Leappad that would be great too.  Something more leaned towards his age.

mommy_med
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM

get him one! he's not too young! my six yr old has one n we r gent our 4 yr old one for xmas

mommy_med
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM

leAp pads r good too

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I think something else but similiar would be a good start for a child his age!

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I think that kids start way too young with video games personally. So no I don't agree. I think that we let them have these too young. I didn't allow it. I am thankful I did. But that is just me.

For sure NOT a 3ds. They even say under 7 it is bad for their eyes. The game stores will even tell you this is their stance.

I would rather if you really want to get him something, a leapster, but for sure keep limits on how long they play them.

timefor2
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Our kids age 6 and 8 have an xbox and some handheld games you plug into the tv, keeps them happy....plus reading books, drawing/coloring and spending time with Mom & Dad...

momof3jam
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Nope, not at all. Go for it. BUT, I suggest buying a high quality case and screen protector.

OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM
This

Quoting momof3jam:

Nope, not at all. Go for it. BUT, I suggest buying a high quality case and screen protector.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)