Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How much did you spend on Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 38 Replies

Just wondering how much everyone spent on Christmas and what did you get them?

pregnancy calendar
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
litho
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM

well after our party and giving out presents it will be about three thousand.

momajo1960
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Oh my goodness, I have spent a lot this year.  More this year than ever before, I never had any money to spend, but I have recently remarried and my husband makes a really good living.  I was able to get my three grown children and two grown step-children over $300 each and my Grandchildren about the same (3 boys), and I spend about $500 on my husband.  I think I over did it because it is the first year in my 52 years that I was able to spend more than about 200 on everyone together.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Idk honestly don't keep track. I probably spent maybe $200 on dh - 3D blu ray player and movies. and on my dd?? $400 I really don't know, she's getting a stereo for her room, some American Girl Doll clothes, cds, clothes, a bunch of gift cards in her advent bags,... My mom, dad, brother maybe $25 each. They are mostly getting a gift card to their favorite restaurant. 

stillkickin4
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:22 AM

My at home kids ~$400ea(only b/c one is getting a laptop so I try to keep it even and DH was like, you can't just get him one thng and I'm like, Y not? Growing up sometimes we ((me +3)) got one big gift together then small individual things, so laptop and a few other things(that's right, mama's tight...lol)), not at home kids ~$200 (one has a DH ~$100) My DH ~$200, nieces/nephews ~$20ea. Sibs~ $20-$50, parents ~$50-$75.

jillian_G1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Way to much!!!!

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I think that when you go overboard it takes away from Christmas for everyone. You are stressed out, which makes everyone feel it. I stay with in what doesn't stress me out. I enjoy the holidays, I refuse to use CC's, there are no bills coming in January, Feburary, etc. I would have to sit & figure it out, but it isn't a ton. I only buy for my son, husband & him me, but usually it isn't tons either, food, little gift for my great niece & then my parents, period. I don't believe in any other adult gifts, and my other niece & nephew are adults.

MomOfTwins789
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Ummm... maybe $1000 total? Or $1200. I feel like I'm forgetting something though lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jrfan4evermom
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Nothing yet!!!! Hopefully the 21st I can go shopping but after last night it's not looking so good! Thankfully I have understanding kids :)
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

not much yet....probably going to be last minute again.

blue_elephant
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM
$900 so far and I still have stocking stuffers and 7 month old left...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)