Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much did you spend on Christmas?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just wondering how much everyone spent on Christmas and what did you get them?

pregnancy calendar
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
illinoismommy83
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Between DH and the 2 girls I probably spent $750. Lots of crap and regret. Sigh.

boshs1andonly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM

So far about $30, we got dd a toy box, I gave my two best friend's canvases that I wrapped (already had those, so they were free, and dh printed the vinyl I wrapped them in). I also made hot chocolate balls for them. For the rest of the family I'm making cookies, the materials including the wrapping will probably be less than $25.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Around $400 all together!
BlahNomMom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this
In a bind this month, so, not quite sure if we will be having a Christmas but ill have my baby girls and that's all that really matters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scarletlolita76
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Working on lists now as I.type.... Trying to keep it under $60 for EVERYONE as money is extremely tight! & it looks like I will be able to do it! Woohoo!! A lot of it is home made so that saved a butt ton of money! Yay :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WithHope
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Enough that everyone will be happy. I fill out Harris Poll surveys from time to time and recently ordered 330 in Amazon gift cards for it. They're a pain when I'm doing them but offset Christmas costs every year!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM
$0
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

About $2000... iPod touches, kindle fire, movies, video games, basketball hoop, new bikes, scooters  and some other things..

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM
nothing yet....hopefully soon...not sure how much yet.
srichtermom
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I spent under $300 for all presents including stocking stuffer.  My dd is 9 and ds is 4 and I spent maybe a $100 combined on their gifts.  Each niece/nephew gets $20 to $25 spent on them and grandparents are $25 per set.  We've really scaled Christmas back the past few years and enjoy spending time together with friends and family and moved the focus away from the presents.  My kids don't really need anything and we are so blessed that we like helping others during this time instead of overspending.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)