Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C Sections

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM
  • 25 Replies

Anyone in this group have multiple c sections and different doctors do them? My dd was delivered via c section in May 2011 and this baby who is due in June 2013 will not be delivered by the same dr but it will be a repeat c section. I am so nervous! Any advice please?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

holy irish twins! My friend had two c-sections in under a year, two different doctors, everything turned out fine....it's not like they vary the cuts alot or anything depending on the doctor.

Bethy16
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I have had 3 sections. One was done by two drs my second had one of the first drs and another and my third was done by another. It was fine and I have three beautiful children. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Yes i had 2 and both different doc's , they were both awesom! Just be calm and ask all the ?'s you need to fill at ease. If you don't like the new doc you can always ask for someone else. Good luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Same here exactly! My May 2011 baby was delivered via c-section and it was AMAZING, the whole thing.  My February 2013 baby is being delivered by a different OB and I am a little nervous that it might not go as well as it did with the first OB.

PEEK05
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Irish twins are when siblings are less than 12 months apart. I think she meant June 2013.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

holy irish twins! My friend had two c-sections in under a year, two different doctors, everything turned out fine....it's not like they vary the cuts alot or anything depending on the doctor.

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I read dates as may 2012, june 2013...totally can't read apparently.  Then what's the issue those kids are two years apart???

Quoting PEEK05:

Irish twins are when siblings are less than 12 months apart. I think she meant June 2013.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

PEEK05
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I think she is just nervous that a different doctor is performing the surgery.  I am nervous about it too.  My second c-section is coming up in February and it is by a different doctor.  So far I have loved her my whole pregnancy, but I am so nervous that this one won't go as smooth and as breezy as it did with my first c-section via a different OB.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I read dates as may 2012, june 2013...totally can't read apparently.  Then what's the issue those kids are two years apart???

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I can understand nerves because it is an operation, but if you picked the doctor and you like them, trust that they know what they are doing. Can I ask why another c-section?  I delivered naturally and thus far, if I have another one, I have yet to find another who will let me deliver again naturally due to all the complications. C-sections freak me out so much but it seems like once women have one they don't want to try a vaginal delivery.

Quoting PEEK05:

I think she is just nervous that a different doctor is performing the surgery.  I am nervous about it too.  My second c-section is coming up in February and it is by a different doctor.  So far I have loved her my whole pregnancy, but I am so nervous that this one won't go as smooth and as breezy as it did with my first c-section via a different OB.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

PEEK05
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I had a vaginal birth with my first.  I will not ever, ever try that again.  My recovery was HORRIBLE and took MUCH longer than even a c-section recovery takes and it was up to a year before I could even have sex again because of the pain from my injuries, even with numbing jelly.  My c-section was a piece of cake compared to what happened with my first. My nerves about a different doctor performing a the procedure is nothing compared to the hyperventilating panic attacks I was having while pregnant with my second thinking about having to give birth vaginally again.  I am glad I chose the route I did and don't regret it for a second.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I can understand nerves because it is an operation, but if you picked the doctor and you like them, trust that they know what they are doing. Can I ask why another c-section?  I delivered naturally and thus far, if I have another one, I have yet to find another who will let me deliver again naturally due to all the complications. C-sections freak me out so much but it seems like once women have one they don't want to try a vaginal delivery.

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

SRUsarahSC
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Did you have an episiotomy?  I hear you on the issues, mine didn't heal, fourth degree tear internal and external....I went in for my follow up appt. and apparently everything was "still open" so they tried to numb and stitch  me in house, it didn't take so I had revision surgery. Took a year for me too to feel normal...but I'm still afraid of a c-section.  I must be a pain freak or something.

Quoting PEEK05:

I had a vaginal birth with my first.  I will not ever, ever try that again.  My recovery was HORRIBLE and took MUCH longer than even a c-section recovery takes and it was up to a year before I could even have sex again because of the pain from my injuries, even with numbing jelly.  My c-section was a piece of cake compared to what happened with my first. My nerves about a different doctor performing a the procedure is nothing compared to the hyperventilating panic attacks I was having while pregnant with my second thinking about having to give birth vaginally again.  I am glad I chose the route I did and don't regret it for a second.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting PEEK05:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)