Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Anyone in this group have multiple c sections and different doctors do them? My dd was delivered via c section in May 2011 and this baby who is due in June 2013 will not be delivered by the same dr but it will be a repeat c section. I am so nervous! Any advice please?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Sorry it was suppose to be June 2013! I have yet to find a new dr! What happened was I complained about one of his staff members bc she was so rude to me! Well he took her side and refuses to have me as a patient now! I've been crying all night bc I'm stressed to the max and sick! But I am praying ill find a great dr! My cousin said I shouldn't want to go to a dr who lets his staff treat his patients poorly anyway! But I'm 14 weeks and really stressing about a dr!
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Your cousin is right! Ask around and get a good doctor that cares. It will be fine. You are just hurt right now. So sorry you had to go through that.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM
yes...Ds 1 was born by one dr in 2002 and dec 28th 2011 ds2 was born by a diffrent too n they were both c seation's 1st one i had to have n 2nd one i told just to do it the same so it was a repeat c seation too..I love both dr's when our son's were born.
sondamom0828
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I have had 3 c-sections all done by different doctors.  What are your concerns?  Everything was good with all of them.

MommyIn2008
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Nope mine will all be done by the same Dr. but what can you expect with a baby in 2008, a MC in 2010, a baby in 2011 and twins due in 2013. Didn't really give me much time to switch drs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri.a
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I had 2 by 2 different docs.  The only problem I had was with the staples used for closure after the 2nd. I didn't realize there was a difference (wasn't given a choice, either) and found staples to be much more painful. I had sharp, stabbing pains come on unexepectedly and had longer lasting numbness around the incision.  I'd suggest asking your doc about closure methods ahead of time.  I wish I would have thought to ask.

doulala
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Why do you want a cesarean?
What makes you nervous?

annelauer
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Sorry you had a tough time with the first one, but my advice is to have the baby vaginally and skip the unnecessary interventions.  That is better for you and your baby!  

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Both of mine were, by two different doctors, four years apart. I did much better the second time with an epidural than the first with general anesthesia. I also was stitched with dissolvable sutures rather than staples due to a metal allergy. I healed quickly both times. I was up sooner the second time. Ask for a suppository if you need it after the birth. Stool softener by mouth did not work for me. Get them to remove the urinary catheter ASAP so you don't get a UTI. I was able to nurse within 30 minutes of the second birth with no problems.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Would. VBAC be possible for you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)