Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Thinking about ending this drama filled friendship! What do you think? UPDATED!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
  • 14 Replies

So this is going to sound very petty, and it may be a little jumbled, I'm sorry in advance.  

So I have this friend that is very much a drama queen, its like whenever her husband is doing something that doesn't involve her, she causes problems for everyone.  Her husband is friends with my husband btw.  They play WoW (world of warcraft) with another buddy of theirs.  They haven't played in about a year and just picked it back up about a month ago, all except my friends husband.  He was able to get the trial but she keeps telling him he can't buy it (they are a 5 income family if you include her drill money and the money he brings in for jewelry making) and she still won't let him buy it because she says that means he's not spending time with her.  Yes I know, sounds petty, again I'm sorry.

Here's where the problem lies.  Tonight I was talking to my sister on the phone and this friend of mine kept calling back to back.  I finally sent her a text that said I was on the phone with my sister.  She sent me a message that said I needed to tell my husband to stop hurting her husbands feelings or she wasn't going to let him play WoW anymore (she was referring to her husband).  When I asked my husband if he said anything to him, he said he hadn't heard so he sent a text to my friends husband asking him if he was butt squishy cuz his wife had said he was butt squishy with him.  His buddy told him he was pissed at his wife because his wife wouldn't let him buy the game, that it had nothing to do with him.  So now my so called friend is mad at me for reading the text messages to my husband she was sending to me about my husband.  My husband and I are so confused and actually so is my friends husband.  We were planning to go to the movies with them this weekend to see the hobbit but I'm strongly reconsidering it.  What do you all think?  I really hate drama, but I can't seem to get this out of my head, I wasn't even trying to get in the middle of the drama, and for once I wasn't completely annoyed that my husband was being loud on vent with his buddies while playing a video game.  

Update:

So the friendship is over, maybe not forever, but definately for now.  My husband has been sick for the last few days, like on the couch and sleeping all day sick, we went to the doc yesterday cuz he had a fever of 104.  I texted my now no longer friend to tell her we probably won't be going to the movies this weekend, we still have some things to get for christmas and its not going to happen if we go to the movies.  She called me and flew off the handle saying it was bullpoopie (in more adult words) that we won't go to the movies with her and her husband because apparently my husband supposedly went to the movies with another buddy of his 2 days earlier.  (now let me tell you, this is definately not true, I think I would know if my husband left the house to go to the movies, especially since we are a 1 car family).  I told her I can't take it anymore, I can't watch my husband being told he's a horrible person for things he hasn't even done.  The poor guy spend the last 3 days sick and 2 days before that helping me take care of our sick daughter.  Her husband cancelled his wow account and told my husband its because I supposedly made his wife so mad she wont let him have it now.  These two really need to grow up and they really need to stop blaming their marrital problems on other people.  So I'm stepping back and ending the friendship.  Maybe someday they can figure how to behave as adults and they can figure out what's really wrong in their marriage and perhaps we can be friends again.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:49 AM

So she isn't going to let him buy the game and she doesn't want anyone mentioning it to him or saying anything to him about her not letting him?

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

She's too much of a child for me, she'd already be gone.

Megan11587
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM

How old is this woman?

LilRed8626
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM

My thoughts exactly!!

Quoting goddess99:

She's too much of a child for me, she'd already be gone.

ninanez
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

that is insane. it hurts my head just reading this. honestly, friends are there to enjoy and have fun with. drama is no good and i dont recomend it. if this is a consistent issue, i would consider not hanging out as much untill she calms down and comes to her senses. that may take a couple of weeks though. eventully everything will calm down and go back to normal. just dont give in. as far as wow, sory, but what a waste of time. i would try to get my husband in to something like playing poker or golfing, whiich i know sounds lame but its still better than wow. you could buy him a nice set for christmas and see where it goes or compliment him on his game of poker or golf. it may be impossible but its worth a try. good luck.

ninanez

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM

She's 32. 

Quoting Megan11587:

How old is this woman?

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Oh no I love it.  I play it too, just during different times than him.  We are gaming people I guess you can say.  As far as a waste of time, not for us, we have actually been making quite a bit of real money off of the games.  On Diablo we made $150 on a gear drop that my husband put on the real auction house, and we know of quite a few people that buy gold from us frequently.  Yes I know waste of money on their behalf, but I don't care, they are paying us for something we were already gonna do anyway lol.

Quoting ninanez:

that is insane. it hurts my head just reading this. honestly, friends are there to enjoy and have fun with. drama is no good and i dont recomend it. if this is a consistent issue, i would consider not hanging out as much untill she calms down and comes to her senses. that may take a couple of weeks though. eventully everything will calm down and go back to normal. just dont give in. as far as wow, sory, but what a waste of time. i would try to get my husband in to something like playing poker or golfing, whiich i know sounds lame but its still better than wow. you could buy him a nice set for christmas and see where it goes or compliment him on his game of poker or golf. it may be impossible but its worth a try. good luck.

ninanez

Megan11587
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Oh wow.  Yeah, I'd cut those ties.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

She's 32. 

Quoting Megan11587:

How old is this woman?

JOEJULA
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I ended a friendship like this. She was my best friend. Caused way to much drama. She was gone. It was hard but in the end everyone is happier

unsuspected
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Ahhh mmm ... you lost me.

But I have to say, I agree with your 'frienmy' about the video games,  I see no reason why a grown man, a husband and a father, would need to waste his time playing video games.  Especially WoW which can be very addicting for the people who get suckered into it.  

As for your "friend" this sounds like a personaly boundary within their marriage that you and your husband have no right or business messing with.  If you can't respect their boundaries then let them go.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)