Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so pissed! While my 5yr old little GIRL was taking a bath my uncle walked in shut the curtain and announced that he needed to use the bathroom. WHILE SHE WAS IN THERE!!!!! We have a second bathroom in our home so I don't really know why he needed to be in there while she was. I don't even go in there when she is and I am her mom. I was irritated beyond beliefe and extremely angry. 

angry

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Replies (31-36):
DarlaHood
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it is ridiculous.  Abuse and lewd conduct is more common than we would like to think, and usually it's perpetrated by trusted friends or family members.  Also, most perps don't immediately do something drastic.  They get to know children, determine their weaknesses, and they groom them over time. 

I'm not saying this guy is a perv, and so far in my family we've not experienced any sexual abuse.  But it is important to be very vigilant.  My dh has bathed our daughters and our granddaughter, but he would never just pull the curtain and pee.  He would feel uncomfortable with that.  It is strange that this man would go in and do that with a little girl in there.  He might not have thought about it, and it may have been just him being oblivious.  But it's still odd and unusual behavior. 

Good for you mom for being vigilant.  And I would definitely let him know that it is inappropriate and that you're watching. 

McM0609
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:14 PM
WTF were you when this happened?!?! I would have grabbed him by the d!@# and thrown him out of the house and then call the cops. I dont care who he is that shouldnt had happened.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommieT
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG uncle or not you should've ripped him a new one especially if there was another bathroom in the home unoccupied. oh hell no!!! not acceptable!!!  as far as leaving her alone in there I don't see a problem with that. when my kids were that age I would leave them alone and check on them every three sec or so if the tub isnt  even half full their fine. It's not over reacting it's be about  respect and privacy in someone elses home family and manners.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Did you ask him why? He probably really didn't mean no harm, at least he shutted curtain. Was kinda awkward. Do your uncle have a bad rap, in his past?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I would be upset too.

OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Weird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)