Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Medications during Pregnancy, worried :(

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello ladies, I just found out i was 4 weeks pregnant and well im absolutly stoked! this isnt my first pregnancy butits been a very long while, you see i have a 6 yr old daughter. Well a couple of days  before i found out i was pregnant i had gotten very sick i had alot of congestion and sinus pressure so i took Advil allergy and congestion. I recently read that it contained Pseudoephedrine, well i took it for i wanna say 3 days and before that i took theraflu tea and some other allergy and cold meds, and then to top it off! i want to say like 2 weeks before that i had a bad yeast infection and bought the monistat 7 day treatment, it just wasnt a good month for me, but now that i find out im pregnant im definetly worried :( Does anyone have any info on how this might affect me and my baby, i would greatly appreciate it.

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hemlockprimrose
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this

FIrst of all Congrats!!!!... If you are that concerned I would get a hold of your DR.. and let them know how sick you were and at the time you didn't know your were pregnant.. I don't think they will tell you anything over the phone.. but maybe just a visit to the office and tell them you just have a question that you are worried about taking the medications.. GOOD LUCK!!! 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Idk sorry but definitely talk to your doctor about it. There's really nothing you can do though, I wouldn't stress. Just enjoy your pregnancy.

amonkeymom
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM

I agree and also wanted to congratulate you!  :)

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

FIrst of all Congrats!!!!... If you are that concerned I would get a hold of your DR.. and let them know how sick you were and at the time you didn't know your were pregnant.. I don't think they will tell you anything over the phone.. but maybe just a visit to the office and tell them you just have a question that you are worried about taking the medications.. GOOD LUCK!!! 

hemlockprimrose
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Stress is not healthy for you or the baby.. I think talking to your DR will ease your mind... 

DarlaHood
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Congratulations!  That is exciting.  My dd's were born 9 years apart, so I understand that part of it. 

I think your baby will be just fine, but if you need reassurance talk to your doctor.  As long as you are doing everything you can do to stay healthy and happy now that you know, everything should be just fine.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM
I agree on contacting your dr if you need the reassurance. That said I'm sure baby is just fine. :)

Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I think it will be ok!

OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Congrats! Please talk to your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Grats!

Talk to your doctor.

But honestly, that early in pregnancy it probably didn't do anything to baby at all.

tiffs2009
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:29 AM
If your worried call your doc, but that early In pregnancy prob nothing happened. Ppl don't find out they are pregnant till 8 weeks all the time and drink and do drugs and baby is fine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN