Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Shooting in CT

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM
  • 21 Replies
This breaks my heart in a million pieces. These innocent children with their whole life ahead of them. This world is surrounded by terrible people. All I keep thinking about is these families and how they must feel knowing their child will never come home.
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DazeDelights
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Yes it's a sad day...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
freshmom88
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I know :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM
So tragic....something has got to give.... I was in another group and suggested that maybe, just maybe welcoming God back, not a religion just as a positive thing. I mean we have tried all else, and nothing has worked to help our children. Maybe if the shooter had something greater than himself to look up to when he was a young child things would have turned out differently. It's the Santa Clause theory. The idea is that children are very receptive to things they can't see but can imagine. This did not go over well in the other group. I asked for suggestions on what can be done for such a desperate time, and I received none.
AMCMSM
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM
I believe it was the BTK killer was very active in his church. It is not so simple.. we have no idea how he was raised or his beliefs. For all we know he was "saving " the kids and his mom from the end of the world 12-21 and ensuring their place in heaven....... if there are believers in school rooms God is there too.

Quoting :

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:46 AM

so sad

PreppingMama
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I just joined this site, and there may already be a thread to this topic (I'm still learning how to navigate here), but has anyone else decided or thought about homeschooling because of the constant violence at schools?

There was always the concern of something like Columbine happening again, but never did I think I'd have to fear some psycho going into a school and slaughtering a bunch of babies.

ashleywagoner
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Horrifying and just sickening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM

i know. it is SO sad :.( 

OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM
So sad. I sobbed while watching the news. The loss is unimaginable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
It brings the question to my mind. I wonder how he was able to get a shot gun in to an elementary school. My daughters school is locked and video camera security. I don't know how he got access.

Quoting PreppingMama:

I just joined this site, and there may already be a thread to this topic (I'm still learning how to navigate here), but has anyone else decided or thought about homeschooling because of the constant violence at schools?

There was always the concern of something like Columbine happening again, but never did I think I'd have to fear some psycho going into a school and slaughtering a bunch of babies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN