Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hello all

Had my 12 week ultrasound and doctor said baby has thick neck and to check for downs disease. I  was

pregnant in 2009 and had to trrmaite due to baby having heart defect baby would not live once I had her.

So I'm so stressed out this baby waiting on harmony test to come back  Thanks

by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
Strength4Karma
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 10:29 PM
*hugs* Docs can b wrong sumtimes. Always giv ur child a chance at life, regardless of the situation. My sis was tol that she would NEVER b able to carry a baby. Well, she has a healthy 4 year old today, that she gave birth to. Unfortunately, she cant have anymore, BUT, she hav that one, that they claim she wouldnt! Pray n NEVER giv up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grace0409
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We were told our baby would have spina bifida and they offered the amnio but we declined. They checked her on Ultrasound every month to make sure everything still looked okay and she was born a healthy baby.. Now shes a happy and healthy 1 year old.. Dont go by what doctors say they arent always right!

snickers7
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Thanks all
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Hugs Good Luck. 

Reankanesmom
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Keep your head up and in positive thoughts. Doctors have been known to be wrong many of times. Good luck hun and big hugs your way. 

cklamour
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Quoting Reankanesmom:

Keep your head up and in positive thoughts. Doctors have been known to be wrong many of times. Good luck hun and big hugs your way. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Good luck.
SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

So sorry.  Remember that you never "have" to kill your baby.  I hope that everything is ok.

captaincw322
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Quoting jaydensmom1726:

how can they tell that at 12ks

Thats when we had our downs test with dd. I used it as an excuse to have another u/s since i wouldnt get another one till 20 weeks, and after 2 m/c i needed the extra reassurance. Wouldnt have mattered either way to us though, we would have loved her either way! And now hearing about how many babys are suspected to have it, and turns out they dont? breaks my heart for all those babies that are terminated!
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM

When does the test come back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN