Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Sandy Hook Shooting

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
My heart and prayers go out to all the children that lost their lives. My son goes to school in Derby, CT about 25 min from Newtown and no matter how much my heart aches for these families I can't help but to think, thank god my son is all right. I read in the news yesterday that police are worried about copy cat shootings. Copy cat shootings! I will be damned if one more innocent child no matter what they're age gets put through something like this. I was also listening to the radio yesterday and a man called in saying that every single parent in the country needs to go to their local government, the schools, everywhere and demand that they put metal detectors and armed guards in every school across the country. I absolutely agree, but this needs to happen now, not a month from now, not a year from now. Now! It appears out children aren't safe anywhere. No parent should ever have to deal with losing their child like this and in their child's school none the less. We as parents should promise to make our children's schools and anywhere else that we can as safe as possible!
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PoehlerBear1983
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM
We are in stonington, ct and the police are now posted in and around the schools. They were there by friday afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 15, 2012 at 2:47 PM

So scary!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM

It is scary for sure!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM
How sad n scary..
AmandaB10
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Yeah, they were outside of my son's school too and I think it's great that they took action like that, but how long will it last, a few days? A couple weeks? But unfortunately in the world we live in its only a matter of time until something like this happens again. If there is truly someone so hideous out there that would copy what this monster did, they could be anywhere in the country.
OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM
So sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM
And prayers to all affected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowbear74
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I was born in Derby but mainly raised in shelton and ansonia.. i have a friend whos child goes to school in ansonia and she said they had a cop or so at the school for when the kids got out.(newtown is actually less than 25 min from derby but anyway).some areas will not be able to put armed guards at the schools because they wont be able to afford it the same goes for the metal detectors.Its the sad truth unfortunately.
  you have to understand though this doesnt just happen at schools it can happen anywhere so are we supposed to put metal detectors everywhere and armed guards? I mean yeah we send our kids to school thinking they are safe there and sometimes its not.The same scenario can happen whether there are metal detectors and guards., this guy forced his way into a locked school.when someone is hellbent on hurting others there is usually nothing that will stop them and they will hurt anyone in their way.Most of these people have nothing to lose so to speak.we can take all the steps to keep them safe but no matter what we do things can still happen no matter what.Its a sad truth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)