Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i'm at a lose about my daughter and milk

Ok, my baby girl is 9.5 months old, and she get between 3-4 bottles a day, depanding on if she wakes during the night for that 4th bottle.  Ok so I had pumped my breast milk for her for the first 5 weeks of her life,  plus she go formula too because I wasn't getting enough milk out for her.  I was perfectly ok with that because she go the breast milk for a little time.  After the 5 weeks it got too much for me, so I switched her to just formula.  My mother-in-law keeps telling me that when my daughter turns 10 months I should starting giving her an 0.5-1 oz of 1% or 2% cow milk once a day until she is a year old then give her the whole milk that she will need.  She did that is my husband, so she thinks it's okay to do so.  I can't have whole milk becuase I get sick from it for some reason, and it was even worse when I was pregnant so I don't even know how she is going to be with the whole milk.  Me, my little sister, or my mom can not have whole milk because we all get sick from it so I don't know.  My daughter's doctor said I won't know until I try it with her.  So I'm at a lose here with it all.

by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
happy2bmom25
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM

so, in your opinion straight milk can cause a milk allergy, but dehydrated milk can not? very logical.

Quoting stickyfingers:

i think it NOT straight cows milk. do you know what she is feeding her?

Quoting happy2bmom25:

what do you think formula is?????

Quoting stickyfingers:

just keep her on formula for a year...giving her milk early can cause a milk allegry. its your baby do what you feel is right.

stickyfingers
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM
wtf is your problem? yes cows milk can cause an allergy thats why you should wait to give it to babies until they are one. ugh and formula is not just powdered fucking milk. what did you do give you 6 month old regular milk or what? why are you so touchy on the subject? are u a cows milk natzi? whats ur fucking point?

Quoting happy2bmom25:

so, in your opinion straight milk can cause a milk allergy, but dehydrated milk can not? very logical.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting happy2bmom25:

Quoting stickyfingers:

just keep her on formula for a year...giving her milk early can cause a milk allegry. its your baby do what you feel is right.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy2bmom25
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Nice language.

Quoting stickyfingers:

wtf is your problem? yes cows milk can cause an allergy thats why you should wait to give it to babies until they are one. ugh and formula is not just powdered fucking milk. what did you do give you 6 month old regular milk or what? why are you so touchy on the subject? are u a cows milk natzi? whats ur fucking point?

Quoting happy2bmom25:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting happy2bmom25:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
trinitysmama33
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM

She gets enfamil gentlease only onw, be fore it was both BM and formula

trinitysmama33
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM

enfamil gentlease

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM
I would wait until she's a year and try it!
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Ditto!

Quoting suetoo:

Toddlers, after 12 months, should have whole milk, as the milk fat is vital for healthy brain growth. For very good reasons, the American Academy of Pediatrics says formula for the first year is best. Just tell your mom that this_____is what I am comfortable doing. 

stickyfingers
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:23 PM
hey we are all adults here...act like it. answer my question? whats ur deal?

Quoting happy2bmom25:

Nice language.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting happy2bmom25:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting happy2bmom25:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

wait for a year, mix formula and whole milk for a few bottles to see how she tolerates it. If she doesn't, you can try almond milk--I heard it's better than soy (I personally like almond over soy, and most mommies I know prefer it for their kids if they can't do whole milk)

Aishamusty
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM

It's much safer to give milk when they are one keep to the formulae for now 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN