Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Starting To Walk

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 16 Replies

What happened when your babies started walking and they hit their head? Did you cry more then them? Did people look at you funny if it left a mark?

by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I don't recall my dd getting hurt when she was learning to walk.

McM0609
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Nothing he just cried and i tried comforting him. If he hit hard and was leaving a bruise then i would put vicks and salt and rub it and it actually works. He hit his forehead awhile a go i did that and it almost gone just a little bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing. I never cried over their falling...I would pick them up and tell them it was okay and to try again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Our little guy is 9 months old...he's been walking since 6 months old. When he was starting he would fall but he didn't cry due to hurting himself...he cried out of frustration. I would give him loves and off he'd go to do it again. Now he motors all over without mishaps.

nverheyn2011
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

if it didn't leave a mark, and depending how nasty the fall was, I'd freak out/laugh. dd is a daaredevil. i infact just pulled her out of the christmas tree lol.

she falls at least 2x a day, but usually gets back up and does whatever she was doing some more.

jgates1111
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

my little dude didnt walk until he was 15 months, he would fall down and start to cry and i would just say Did you bump your noggin? and start to laugh and e would laugh and take off again. He's almost 2 now and if he hits his head or something I will say the same thing only now its your ok dude shake it off an he laughs and goes back to playing but with anyone else he freaks out and wont stop til i pick him up for a second and tell him he's ok

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:44 PM

When they learn to walk they will fall.  Same with playing. They will do it many times in their life. As parents we do hurt for them.

LyTe684
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:45 PM
When my kids fall/fell I shout 'yaaaaaaaay!!!!'

Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crystalplus1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:24 AM

As long as he was not bleeding or screaming loudly i told him to brush it off, hes ok.  Hes 19 months, and we have only had a few big owies. If its a big ouch he get cuddles and kisses. I don't make a big deal out of it.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM

My dd is 19 months and it still happens! I cry when she cries!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)