Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What happened when your babies started walking and they hit their head? Did you cry more then them? Did people look at you funny if it left a mark?

by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-16):
NNB
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 AM

My ds is forever falling over and getting knocks and bruises, his favourite is to headbut the door frame :/ He runs around so fast he can't control himself.. he's got 1 scar, and that happened when I was stood right behind him and tried to catch him, he just smashed right into the edge of the door :( He cried, was ok though and no one batted an eyelid, he's an active baby and people know what kids are like. I wouldn't worry too much :)

_WC_Mama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I don't remember my kids falling while learning to walk but if they did I just picked them up and told them it would be OK then set them back down.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

This. Usually when I react to my kids getting hurt they cry more than they do if I just pick them up & comfort them.

Quoting jltplk25:

Nothing. I never cried over their falling...I would pick them up and tell them it was okay and to try again.

tooptimistic
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I don't react at all. 

I do say, you are ok.. do you need help up.

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I just tried to spot them, kept lots of pillows around.  No one looked at me funny.

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

It didn't bother me much. I knew it would happen. Most people knew the toddling age, he didn't get too bad. People didn't give looks. He is very very fair skinned so it would show if he got marks. But it wasn't bad. He was very young when he started walking & was running at his first birthday, LOL. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)