Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My 11 year old has gotten her period!

Posted by   + Show Post

Well I'm desperate for some advice from Mom to Mom about how to deal with my daughter getting her period. For some reason I was under the impression that when a girl gets her first period that it should last a few days and be slight, but my daughter has had it for over a week now and as it looks like it's not heavy I'm beginning to wonder. She is confused and frankly so am I. Can anyone share some of their own experiences? I don't know if I should be concerned.

Tammy

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Replies (61-65):
tcorbs
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I've since taken the advice of some women who responded and taken her to see a doctor. They've put her on birth control pills to help regulate it. So far it's working

Thanks for your response!

Tammy

tcorbs
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Thank you everyone who posted replies, I am so grateful to have this forum!

I've since taken my daughter to see a doctor, and she's now on birth control pills to help regulate her period. So far it's working.....cross your fingers! She should be on it until May and then we'll see.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM
When my daughter had her first period it was very heavy and lasted a week. Doctor said it was normal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM

It can take awhile for hers to regulate but if you are concerned take her to a dr!

faronsmom31313
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I wouldnt be concerned. It is natural. I also had my first at 11 and it was heavy and i didnt freak out im a pretty calm person i just simply told my mom i started my period. Mine was heavy and lasted about 2 weeks. It was longer since it was my first. I wouldnt stress just let it run its course. it will get lighter when its starting to end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN