Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

i think i didnt get my kids enough xmas presents. i feel so gulity

Posted by   + Show Post

hi my name is kayla i am a 24 yr old momma with 2boys and a 3rd on the way.  we are a very low income family. i try my best to get my boys what they want for xmas. when i was little i remember under the xmas tree was filled with xmas presents 4 me b4 my sisters were born so i feel i owe my boys the same treatment because even when my sisters were born we still had alot of presents each (may have been alot to me then) but i just feel that my boys deserve the same treatment and my momma and us was a low income family to but my momma always found away to get us alot of things for xmas and i want the same for my boys but somehow i cant seem to aford alot for them. i always get so much guilt built up its unreal and i know they are only 3yrs and 1yr old and dont understand  that well and is happy with anything they get but its the thought that will always b in the back of my head. maybe there is away to manage my money better??

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
Krystle21
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM
That's a good idea!

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

i wouldnt worry about the amount that you got them. just get  what you know they will love and use the most. i have 2boys and we do the want need wear read thing here!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19andmomtobe
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Go to big lots and gets a ton of cheap gifts. They won't know the difference and you'll feel better. 

Maevelyn
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I would need more details about how you spend your money. There are a lot of good tools online that let you chart your expenses and figure out where and how to save money. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Hugs....I'm running low myself...glad you were able to get some things...

MochaBerry24
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

first off, they are too young to even know if you are low income, secondly, Christmas is NOT about presents anyways! 

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Don't worry, kids don't need much for toys.  At that age, I barely get mine anything b.c they don't know the difference anyway.

MomOf2AndAZoo
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Don't feel guilty. They will be excited, they are too young to be counting boxes & whining about not having more. And you can wrap little things too. My kids asked for coloring books, so I got them each one & wrapped it, and got a box of crayons & wrapped that too. This year I also looked online & found neat things to make for them & did that. It's much more enjoyable than buying all their presents. And at 3 yrs & 1 yr, you could put a candycane in a box & wrap it & they would be happy. Little kids that age don't grasp the concept of 'but I wanted this other toy'. They just have fun ripping the paper off :)

Nunyabusiness
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Dollar tree, target dollar section, and consignment shops. I've bought all my kids stuff from those places and gave them as presents. Now when they are little they don't know the difference, dont feel guilty!

Shelhead
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM

If your kids have anything for Christmas it's already more than a lot of kids. Kids don't know what to expect except from what we teach them. We really haven't focused on gift talk with my almost 3 yr old. We don't say you can get anything your heart desires. Since we're Christian we say that Christmas is a time of year everyone exchanges gifts in celebration of Jesus birthday. I think if you do want to spen more, you could do what my mom does and do a Christmas club account and put a small amount out of each paycheck money specified for Christmas. Many banks or credit unions have account options like this if you ask. 

mommaduckie08
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:58 AM

there is alot of u to respond back to so ima just set up one message to yall. thank yall so much for the supportive responces. i greatly apreciate them all.  i do feel better now knowing a few presents r better than nothing. and ik xmas isnt bout just the presents. i just like to make sure that my kids have just wat i had when i was younger or more and i also know that we all cant have "the best" for our kids. that we gotta give the best the best we can but thanx ya'll cafemom was one of the best sites i had signed up 4 there rele isnt drama,there is alot of supportive ppl here,everyone is so nice and helpfull.  i love it bc there is so much i do that i feel is wrong but then i read on here and it isnt because i find ppl who do the same things its great!! lol ya'll make me feel like i fit in somewhere but once again thanx everyone!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN