Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i didnt get my kids enough xmas presents. i feel so gulity

Posted by   + Show Post

hi my name is kayla i am a 24 yr old momma with 2boys and a 3rd on the way.  we are a very low income family. i try my best to get my boys what they want for xmas. when i was little i remember under the xmas tree was filled with xmas presents 4 me b4 my sisters were born so i feel i owe my boys the same treatment because even when my sisters were born we still had alot of presents each (may have been alot to me then) but i just feel that my boys deserve the same treatment and my momma and us was a low income family to but my momma always found away to get us alot of things for xmas and i want the same for my boys but somehow i cant seem to aford alot for them. i always get so much guilt built up its unreal and i know they are only 3yrs and 1yr old and dont understand  that well and is happy with anything they get but its the thought that will always b in the back of my head. maybe there is away to manage my money better??

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Replies (61-65):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Christmas isn't about the presents. It's about the family and the love and spending time together. 

It's only about opening a few. (honestly) Not how many you get. It's about the feelings behind the presents, more so than the presents.

Your kids love you very much and are happy with what they got, why can't you be happy that they are happy?

msvarra
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM
I honestly feel this way every year. I remember when my daughter was you kids age I did one toy and the rest were clothes I felt bad but I had to do the necessities and not toys (I wasn't working) but from that I learned to do what I can afford and not to worry. This year I found myself networking with different charities though out the city and to tell you the truth that was a blessing they gave her a wonderful Christmas (lots of toys and goodies). Next year maybe try to connect with different charities, churches, community centers in your area it might be a small gift but it is all ways a blessing. Keep your head up and don't feel bad they are young and they are loved that's the most important thing.
illinoismommy83
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I think everyone feels that way. A lot of people have insecurities about not getting enough presents for their kids and doing enough stuff for their kids and such, even when they are doing just fine.

Don't stress. Your kids are still young and they are happy to have your love. 

Why not go back to school and make a better life for your kids if you are so worried?

KRIZZ25
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM
it not about the amount but the love.if u teach em about about getting than thy wont 'get it"..tell em Santa gave some other stuff thy mite have wonted to sick kids in the hospital .
Tirednboredmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

You should not feel this guilty about presents.  I know society puts a lot of pressure on parents to buy, buy buy, but the truthful meaning of christmas has nothing to do with gifts - at least not materialistic gifts.  If you are low income but are providing a safe, healthy and harmonious environment to your kids, it is worth a million times more than stuff.

Take it from me, there was a year my kids were surrounded by gifts but their dad was not there and that is what they remember.  NOT having him there.  This time we ensured that we cooked a small meal and spent time together and began to explain to them that there are so many kids that are in need and trust me, there is a lot of low income nowadays due to the economy....

Enjoy your kids, love them and you will see that they will be ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)