Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Attention Girl Scout Moms

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw this on facebook and wanted to share.

Girl Scouts affected by the Sandy Hook tragedy

As more details have emerged about the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Girl Scouts of Connecticut is saddened to learn that eight Girl Scout Daisies and sons of two Girl Scout families have died as a result of the shootings. We are devastated by these losses and will keep the families in our hearts.

Many sister Girl Scouts have asked what they can do to help. Currently, Girl Scouts of Connecticut is planning a memorial service with the Newtown Service Unit in mid-January. At that time, we will be presenting thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes on trefoil art. If you or any of your troops would like to participate, please send these trefoils to our Hartford Service Center, c/o Trefoil Project, 340 Washington St. Hartford, CT 06106.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Green_BayMomma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I just received this e-mail. I am a leader for a Daisy troop in FL. Hopefully we can do something. I immediately started crying all over again when I received the email.

graciesnycmama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how  you feel.  When I saw it on fb this morning I started crying again.  My only thought was to get the word out to as many troops as we can so that they will have a lot to give to the troop.  I can only imagine that 8 girls is a large portion of their troop... hence the crying has started again.

sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN