Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unappreciated daycare provider rant

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have two kids I'm watching this year.  They are brothers.  One is home sick with dad today but mom still brought the sibling on her way to work.  This makes me angry for many reasons and I'm thinking of adding it to my policy that if one sibling is home sick then the other has to stay home as well.  First of all the sibling has probably been exposed to what the other has just isn't showing signs yet.  Second, if a parent is already staying home then why not use that time to be with BOTH kids?  Even though I'm paid whether they attend or not its not the QUANTITY of time your paying for its the QUALITY I provide.  If mom had kept both kids home she would be giving me a much needed day off.  Something I'd appreciate right now before the holidays.  I never get a bonus over Christmas break and i don't make the parents pay for the time I'm closed over Christmas either.  But back to the kids - why do parents not WANT to spend time with these babies?  Does dad find it too hard to take care of his two children for one afternoon?  If so then maybe I should call DHS on him. Even if i were home sick from work I'd keep my kids home from daycare with me.  These are not school age kids these are babies and toddlers we are talking about and that time goes by way to quick.  Parents are going to MISS these years with their kids.  The two boys spend 45 plus hours with ME monday through Friday.  And I don't fall for the "we want to keep the healthy one away form the sick one" excuse.  Your kid is more likely to catch something here at daycare than they are at home.  When one of my own three kids got sick when they were all little I didn't send the others away.  Also, I have parents who just OVER USE daycare in general.  I'm not a babysitting service.  Call grandma if you want to go work out, get your hair done or get things done around the house.  You as a parent should be WANTING to make up for all the time you're gone from your little ones while you were working.  They are little for such a short time and soon they will be in school.  Why not sacrifice and put as much time as you can into your babies that you CHOSE to have instead of dumping them on me every chance you get?  I'm here to provide a service and make money but I'm a child ADVOCATE first and when parents over use my daycare I feel like I'm actually providing something that if just bad for society.   It's making me want to quit providing home daycare.   Parents need to start being more concerned about the children AND about ME than they are about "getting their moneys worth."

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Replies (51-60):
joelsmom3
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I pity you! Your knocking us and saying we aren't good moms? Please! Your dillusional if you think we are the problem! Your not concerned about a sick child, your concerned about yourself...poor you!! 

BPiccini
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You are giving home daycares a horrible name with this post and all your replies.

Try to not be so judgemental about a position you have never been in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MCA23
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

"If you are gone 9 hours a day five days a week then you had better WANT to be taking them along to even your gyno appointmets if you can swing it."

Yeah, because what kid wouldn't choose a front row seat for mom's pap smear over playtime with their friends?

sheramom4
by New Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Did I really just read that if a parent chooses to concentrate on the sick child and send the other one to childcare you want to call CPS? You are in the wrong profession. And I am a professionally trained child advocate (not a childcare provider, an actual child advocate through the state). Using childcare resources is something we tell parents to do.

You need to find a new profession, something far away from children other than your own.

imultracool
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM
You are insane. Since when does working to support your kids equal not wanting to spend time with your kids? Also every parent deserves a night out without kids once in a while. By your logic someone should call cps on you. You cant be able to spend all that much alone time with your kids if other ppls kids are always there. Quit trying to be a martyr and do your damn job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GMom2011
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Just send them a link to this post... I'm sure they will have no problem taking their kids out of your care then.

eye rolling

GMom2011
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I busted out laughing at this... at work. Too damn funny! "Can you say vulva Johnny? Vuuulvaaaaah"

rolling on floor

Quoting MCA23:

"If you are gone 9 hours a day five days a week then you had better WANT to be taking them along to even your gyno appointmets if you can swing it."

Yeah, because what kid wouldn't choose a front row seat for mom's pap smear over playtime with their friends?

CJsMommy622
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Makes total sense... Not. When my DD is home sick from preschool, I better not send my 2nd grader to school right? When you're sick do/will you also make your child/children stay home from school so they don't spread germs?
I'm so glad I've never been to a daycare like yours! I hope the mother finds a different provider for her 2 boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Do these people know you're spending all your time online complaining about them instead of watching their kids?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM

you're not supposed to be running it as a business without proper credentials. i hope your ass gets caught

Quoting fernjo:

They don't fire ME - I drop them!  I interview the parents that I choose to have come to my home.  I choose the children and families and I can terminate our contract at any time for any reason.  It is MY home and my business and they are at my mercy.  I can change my policy and add to it any time I want.  I didn't think I'd have to change it so much as I figured adults would have more common sense. 

Rebecca-vi

My Blog                                          Head Admin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)