Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

no wonder todays kids have problems

Posted by   + Show Post

I provide home daycare.  When I started years ago I fully expected that parents would be missing their kids and want to be with them as much as possible.  I expected parents to maybe stop by once in awhile to have lunch with us or take off from work early to surprise jimmy and say "hey kiddo lets you and I go to the park" or take a day off from work to actually tend to their sick child without grumble.  Instead I get parents asking me to stay open past the ten hours I already provide.  I actually have some parents who are teachers that want to bring their kids across town on icy roads even when they themselves have a snow day just so they can have "me time."  And today I had mom bring the brother of a sibling who is home sick - even though dad was at home with the sibling.  WTF?  Even my teens who got home from school wondered why the other sibling was here if his dad was at home with the other one.  And the sibling was not that sick mind you.  I think dad just wanted to "get things done around the house" either that or he's a complete boob who can't handle two kids at one time (even though I handle six at once and his two on a regular basis).  I think some parents care more about the money they are spending than they do their kids.  They want to "get their moneys worth " so to speak .  I feel sorry for todays kids.  Daycares that open at 6am and close at 6pm are NOT to be used the entire time by one child.  Those hours are to accomodate the different work hours and schedules of the different families.  Some people have to be at work by 7am and others at 9am.  Don't abuse the daycare hours and abuse your kids by sending them there that entire time just so you can go work out or grab groceries after you punch out.  Some parents SUCK!  I think I'm going to make my hours much shorter and start to charge more as parents don't value me or their kids and I have lost respect for them. 

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
FunnyKids
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You shouldn't be running a daycare. I wish I knew the name of your daycare so I can warn the parents. With your attitude I bet the kids sit in the one daycare room you have a play with the same crappy toys, day in and day out, and I bet they have the same CRAP for meals everyday too. Daycare is not just for SAHMs that don't want to work but need the $, so they open a "daycare" daycares are for people who enjoy what they do and respect their customers. All the wonderful daycare providers I know love to help the parents out and I've known them to suggest doing just what you are complaining about. A close friend of mine has 2 kids and she called her daycare provider to tell her she was staying home with one of the sick kids and taking them to the doctor to get checked out, and that both kids wouldn't be in, and the daycare provider told her to bring in the one that wasn't sick so that one didn't get exposed to more germs at the doctors, and so mom could have some alone time with their little one that was sick.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Hugs...hope things will work out...

MochaBerry24
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

i used to provide before and after school care. Some kids would be there 11 hours a day so I totally understand what you mean and I fully agree with you! 

MochaBerry24
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM

seriously what is wrong with you lady? Take your meds! 

Quoting FunnyKids:

You shouldn't be running a daycare. I wish I knew the name of your daycare so I can warn the parents. With your attitude I bet the kids sit in the one daycare room you have a play with the same crappy toys, day in and day out, and I bet they have the same CRAP for meals everyday too. Daycare is not just for SAHMs that don't want to work but need the $, so they open a "daycare" daycares are for people who enjoy what they do and respect their customers. All the wonderful daycare providers I know love to help the parents out and I've known them to suggest doing just what you are complaining about. A close friend of mine has 2 kids and she called her daycare provider to tell her she was staying home with one of the sick kids and taking them to the doctor to get checked out, and that both kids wouldn't be in, and the daycare provider told her to bring in the one that wasn't sick so that one didn't get exposed to more germs at the doctors, and so mom could have some alone time with their little one that was sick.

CafeMom Tickers
Ladybugmama86
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was watching kids at my house I had the mom drive an hour out of her way and then the dad would drive an hour out of his way to drop of one kid while the dad had the other kid at home on his day off of work. She was an infant and he didnt want to take care of her so they dropped her off here while the dad watched her brother.

I find it very sad.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
FunnyKids
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Me or her?

Quoting MochaBerry24:

seriously what is wrong with you lady? Take your meds! 

Quoting FunnyKids:

STVUstudent
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM

NUTBAG... same post as the "unappreciated daycare provider rant"

Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

This!

Can not say I would want someone with this attitude watching my children.

Furthermore, not all parents are inclined to drop by at anytime. Just because people have "stuff" overtime and sick children does not mean there is a lack of compassion towards their child. They may just be working hard to provide for them and pay your dues at the end of the day.

Quoting shadow_lark:

You need to close your doors for a while. Take a vacation and don't reopen until your resentment has subsided. This attitude can't make for a very loving and comfortable environment for the kids.

FunnyKids
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

agreed .... she's a nutbag....and then another poster wants to call me crazy and tell me to get my meds.....so many nutbags out there, lol

Quoting STVUstudent:

NUTBAG... same post as the "unappreciated daycare provider rant"

Ms.Maaamaof2
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Sadly she very well may be! I feel bad for parents and children alike if that is true though.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

this is the second post by the OP. I sincerely doubt she is a valid daycare worker, simply because of her unprofessional attitude

Quoting momNstinks:

I use to have an in home daycare and I can totally relate to where you are coming from. It use to break my heart to see kids in daycare when they could be spending time with their parent(s). Yes, some parents do need some time to get things done but not ALL the time. I would have been one of those parents who would pick my child up right after I got off work. I dont mind my kids being with me while I run errands....I prefer their company.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)