Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Scary world?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm having a huge issue with my Xh. He's such a head case sometimes and usually it doesn't effect my 7yr old son. But since the incident on Friday he is convinced the world is bad and wants to lock our son up and keep him out of public. Wants me to home school him, not take him out of the public eye period. Basically lock him up and throw away the key. I strongly disagree with this! What happened Friday is indescribable and makes me cry to even look at those poor babies faces. But I refuse to lock my son up and keep him from living because of it....
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he's your EX husband for good reason lol. I would keep sending your son to public school. you can't let fear dictate life.

mary841108
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM
3 moms liked this

i can give a few design tips for tin foil hats that the ex would probably love.

its just silly to have a child live in constant fear of the world around him. what kind of life is that? I would tell xh to let you raise your son in the way that ou see fit and you will take all of his requests into consideration.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

jesusgirl76
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand your point but I also understand where your x is coming from. :)
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hugs...

angirose
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Quoting delanna6two:

Hugs...

Thank you .....((((hugs back))))
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:15 PM

thanks...

Quoting angirose:

Quoting delanna6two:

Hugs...

Thank you .....((((hugs back))))

angirose
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Quoting jesusgirl76:

I understand your point but I also understand where your x is coming from. :)

I refuse to lock my son up and throw away the key. He's a amazing kid and the world deserve to know him. Plus because of the medical issues he had when he was little (basically the first 3 yrs of his life) he was locked in the house or hospital. The world is a scary place I do agree, but living scared of everything is no life. It's a sad way to live. I choose to be positive and take life on for all it worth. My xh's negativity and boohoo way of life is one of the reasons I couldn't be with him anymore ......
Emberbaby
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I love how he wants YOU to home school him. Lol. Well hopefully he will come to his senses and back off. Scaring your child is not good, I hope he is not feeding your kid his fear.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I'm fearful of everything so my husband was worried I would reconsider homeschooling for the wrong reason. Instead, i'm devastated but I realize no matter what I can't shield/protect my kid's from everything and my oldest is thriving in school. She loves it and looks forward to going. But of course, I understand the fear.

angirose
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Quoting Emberbaby:

I love how he wants YOU to home school him. Lol. Well hopefully he will come to his senses and back off. Scaring your child is not good, I hope he is not feeding your kid his fear.

Yes. I do all the responsible parent stuff.... He gets to do all the fun parent stuff. For now.... This is why I have full custody. I am the only reason my son is alive. I literally didn't sleep, eat, bathe, or do anything outside of nurse my son back to the living for those 3 yrs. All of his doctors, nurses and respiratory therapist told the judge if it wasn't for me, our son wouldn't be here. And thus isn't being conseeded, it's the facts. I had to constantly advocate for our son. And never once did his father help. In fact he fought me often about how he thought I was over reacting. Turns out I wasn't. After going through all that. It changed me. Made me stronger than ever, and opened my eyes to what life really means and how to enjoy it. Because it could end tomorrow. We just never know
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN