Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should I go or not...?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

First off so you understand why I'm not sure if I should go is my Husband and I are going through a divorce... My MIL calls the other day and says that she wants me and the girls to come to her house this Saturday for her Birthday. I really don't want too. One they have never been very nice to me. I've always bit my tongue because it was his family and I didn't want to cause waves. It's also drives me nuts when she calls me her daughter... I'm sorry but Moms don't treat daughters the way she has always treat me. Also I get one day a week to myself and that is Saturdays. I don't want to hurt her feelings by not going but at the same time I don't feel like sitting there and listening to them nit pick about me and her son, especially because they will do it in front of my daughters. I mean maybe they won't act like that but there has never been a time where they have proved me wrong. I know I'm sure I sound awful... So I guess I'm just conflicted as to whether or not I should go... and what do I say if I don't go because I hate lying but I also don't want to hurt feelings. siiiigh..

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this

You could get that mysterious illness going around. Then you won't have to go. *wink wink

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this...lol

Quoting goddess99:

You could get that mysterious illness going around. Then you won't have to go. *wink wink

Kathryn1012
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If you're going through a divorce, could it be that she invited you because she wants to see her grandchildren (and not you)?  I wouldn't stress yourself out by going, it's not worth it.  Good luck with your divorce and best wishes for the new year!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
If I were you I probably wouldn't go. I don't like to lie either so I don't know what to tell her. Make other plans maybe then you can tell her you have other plans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lazyd
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Just tell her you arent comin and its none of her business why you dont want to go.  If she wants to see her granddaughters than their dad can take them - that way you get saturday to yourself!

aCafemomma
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this

yep your sick!  We're mom's we know this things you can't go to any birthday partys until your well agian.... say sunday. BACK TO BED WITH YOU;)

edit to fix spelling

If you can raed waht i am witrieng tehn dnot cmolapin the mnid is an aamznig tnihg as lnog as the frsit and lsat lteter are in pacle tehn the mnid can raed it. cool huh?stick out tongue mini

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I think a dose of Bon bons and real housewives should be prescribed for her illness

Quoting aCafemomma:

yep your sick!  We're mom's we know this things you can't go to any birthday partys until your well agian.... say sunday. BACK TO BED WITH YOU;)

edit to fix spelling

CoolMommyofboys
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. A stomach bug? No one wants to get that? LOL

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I agree with this...lol

Quoting goddess99:

paris2lmp
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I know this sounds aweful so I am sorry ahead of time.  If you are going through a divorce and custody hasn't been fully decided yet then I would definitely NOT let your daughter go without you being there.  Could be nothing but I have known someone who almost lost his daughter because he allowed her to visit her mother's relatives without him and they claimed he abandoned her and wouldn't allow him to hav he back!  Sorry, but would really hate to have anyone else go through that!!  Also, I wouldn't lie.  You don't HAVE to be mean about it but I would just call and  say something to the effect of: "I really appreciate you inviting us over, but I was really hoping to spend some quality time with my girls this saturday and with everything that is going on with their dad lately I honestly don't know if I would feel comfortable."  If they already don't like you to begin with then you won't win either way and this way you get to spend your day with them AND you don't have to lie Or go to the party!  Good luck in whatever you decide!

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I probably wouldn't go either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)