Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should I go or not...?

Posted by   + Show Post

First off so you understand why I'm not sure if I should go is my Husband and I are going through a divorce... My MIL calls the other day and says that she wants me and the girls to come to her house this Saturday for her Birthday. I really don't want too. One they have never been very nice to me. I've always bit my tongue because it was his family and I didn't want to cause waves. It's also drives me nuts when she calls me her daughter... I'm sorry but Moms don't treat daughters the way she has always treat me. Also I get one day a week to myself and that is Saturdays. I don't want to hurt her feelings by not going but at the same time I don't feel like sitting there and listening to them nit pick about me and her son, especially because they will do it in front of my daughters. I mean maybe they won't act like that but there has never been a time where they have proved me wrong. I know I'm sure I sound awful... So I guess I'm just conflicted as to whether or not I should go... and what do I say if I don't go because I hate lying but I also don't want to hurt feelings. siiiigh..

by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Replies (11-13):
eoewan
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would you go and be around people who don't like you? You owe these people nothing and they are no longer part of your extended family. Just say you can't make it with no excuses. You don't owe her that either. As for your dds, you said you get Saturdays to yourself, I'll assume your ex-dh takes them. Let him do his duty to his own mother. Her brithday doesn't concern you. Why should you honour her birthday when she never liked you in the first place? This of course is just mho.

ToniTennille
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Actually no He doesn't take them. My bestfriend/neighbor comes over and watches them so I can run errands or do whatever. We help each other out like that. Their Dad will be out with his girlfriend at a fetish club instead of his Mom's for her Birthday... *cringe* :/

Quoting eoewan:

Why would you go and be around people who don't like you? You owe these people nothing and they are no longer part of your extended family. Just say you can't make it with no excuses. You don't owe her that either. As for your dds, you said you get Saturdays to yourself, I'll assume your ex-dh takes them. Let him do his duty to his own mother. Her brithday doesn't concern you. Why should you honour her birthday when she never liked you in the first place? This of course is just mho.

eoewan
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Quoting ToniTennille:

Actually no He doesn't take them. My bestfriend/neighbor comes over and watches them so I can run errands or do whatever. We help each other out like that. Their Dad will be out with his girlfriend at a fetish club instead of his Mom's for her Birthday... *cringe* :/

Quoting eoewan:

Then definitely you are under no obligation to go to see his mother to honour her birthday. Enjoy your day doing what you want while your great friends mind your kidlettes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN