Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the weidest or wackiest holiday gift you've ever received?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (81-90):
gamermom81
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Op maybe she thought you would enjoy the cooking lessons thats a really cool gift..and the wipes well I could see being upset by that lol we use them for bathroom cleaning and our own personal hygeine but not a good gift lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gamermom81
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Ok I can see a couple of these as not so great but most others people got you a gift..often sounds like they thought you would like it..gifts are not mandatory and people I often seem ungrateful on here
babynurse454
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Hubby and I had been married about 2 years, I told him he could buy me some nice panties or some type of nice nightgown. He bought me panties OMG- - hugh's huge granny panties I wore a size small or 5 ....Im nor sure what he was thinking, he told me he didn't know how to buy women's underware! We laughed so hard! Not weird just funny!
budgie1117
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Cottonelle wipes from my mother-in-law. That's all I got from her! Random and hilarious! No, it wasn't supposed to be a joke!
gamelas
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM

i had been low carbing for about a year. my mom gave me a pasta bowl set

KRIZZ25
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:14 PM
i gave a coworker rubbers one year ..i had lot gf,s and was a lades man ..
CV3
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM
A fanny pack. Weirdest gift ever
nekoXfishie
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

my mum's husband gave me a cheap pink (i hate pink) tool kit for christmas a couple of years ago, then gave me the cheap wrench kit he got for free after buying something elce from the Home Depot.

Aleta775
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I had a little bit of frustration when I had a computer that was running slow. I made an off hand comment about it. Based on that, my dh gave me memory sticks for my computer. O.0

I'm not a tech savoy person at all! I know he meant well, but he had bought me something sparkling the year before (if you know what I mean) and I was hoping for something similar. He basically did super great that previous year and sort of set the bar high for following years. LOL.

I just told him that I realized he meant well, and if it would be possible to pick out something else. He was cool about it, and he went with me and we went shopping for clothes. :) 

rawrmommysaurus
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:49 PM

All from my mother, I have gotten, an extension cord, a tool kit, an ice pack.  I know there are more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN