Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the weidest or wackiest holiday gift you've ever received?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (11-20):
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I just laughed so hard reading this!!

Quoting Bethy16:

When I was a dog groomer I got a TPN of weird gifts from clients. I got used lipstick from one and the weirdest was I got underware from another client. She was so proud of her gift too. Who buys their dog groomer undies????

sidneyb
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I got a pencil and a sock one year...the sock had 100 bucks in it tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:08 AM

lolol

Quoting splatz:

I just laughed so hard reading this!!

Quoting Bethy16:

When I was a dog groomer I got a TPN of weird gifts from clients. I got used lipstick from one and the weirdest was I got underware from another client. She was so proud of her gift too. Who buys their dog groomer undies????

Stephanie nice to meet you.
wishbearmom
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM

My cheapskate ex husband gave me the free stuff animal that came with a purchase from a store, pretending that he'd bought it and picked it out himself. He also "gave" me a turkey roasting pan that my mom sent him the money to buy FROM HER, but he bought it and took credit for it. Both my mom and I were furious when we found out.

FrumpyMama
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:18 AM

My mom gave me a toilet plunger and brush one year............I have no idea what the heck she was insinuating there......

salviniata23
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this

i got perfumes well what i thought was until i opened them and nothing was in the boxes lol

sexymamma20
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:31 AM
7 moms liked this

I got a box of rocks. Not collector rocks just plain rocks from the road

MumsTheWord571
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:02 AM
My family ultimately gets me makeup or bath stuff. I don't really use makeup. So basically, you stink & put on some makeup.

My brother once gave me a light up reindeer tshirt for Christmas in XXL. I wore an XSmall at the time. He was 12, so my mom should have at least helped with the size! The shirt was awful too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:22 AM

When mil was alive yet.  She gave me a bottle of vitamins one Christmas.  Well gave them to all us girls.  They were from Malaluca stuff.  That a sil was selling at the time.

misssy2000
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:45 AM

ha! yes an ex boyfreind bought me a stand up wood shirt with a plastic cup in the middle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN