Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the weidest or wackiest holiday gift you've ever received?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (121-130):
MadHatter89
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM

That thing is cool! We got similar reactions when I opened mine lol. SIL was like "Uhh mom, a drying rack?! Seriously?!" It's not like it was the only thing I got though lol.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

lol I loved my rack for cloth diapers as well, so I totally get that.

One year I got MIL this drying rack octopus thing from ikea:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80189663/

She raved about mine for so long that I got one for her.  She was thrilled when she opened it, but everyone else in the room was like "huh?" 

Quoting MadHatter89:

I got one of those wooden clothes drying racks that folds up from my MIL. What is even weirder probably is that I was legit excited about it. I couldn't find one, and needed it for cloth diapers! I love practical gifts lol.

Jeckers
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
It's not weird or wacky, but my mom and grandma always buy me scented soaps, bath soaps, perfumes and powders from avon! I can't wear or use any of it, ever because I will break out horribly. I tell my mom all the time, but I usually get it every Christmas and Birthday!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM
My husband collects the jelly bean pooper thingys.
Every year the girls have fits of giggles closing one for him.

Quoting Knightquester:

Weirdest Gift:

A Winnie the Pooh coloring book - First Christmas present from my mother in-law (she has a history of giving weird gifts).

Wackiest Gift:

A Super Dooper Reindeer Poooper - Christmas present three years back from my husbands work to his family.... it's a reindeer that poops out brown jelly beans.

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Weirdest gift ever.
Last year, my miter in law bought me a bra an panties set from goodwill
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I never got a bad present, but my husband got a pack of cigarettes and a revolver handgun, with ammo, from his uncles one Christmas. He was seven. 

murals
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:19 AM
I'm really into cooking, and EVERY year, my mil gives me a fondue set. How many of those could a girl possibly need? I've never even used any of them. I wonder if I'll get #6 this year. My DH says it is weird too.
HaleyBree
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:16 AM

An elephant that pooped candy if you pulled the trunk

mamalove1023
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

The Leg Lamp....from my husband.

lovelife350
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:41 AM

today my grandparents sent my son this little bear, very cute looking, well when you push it , its say a prayer but it is very creepy in this little kids voice. my 2 month old son screams everytime it gets pushed.

ShhhItsASecret
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:47 AM

shampoos and soaps from hotels

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)