Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the weidest or wackiest holiday gift you've ever received?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (131-140):
RoseFlame
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 5:56 AM

lol I'm not quite 5'1" and would love any one who got me a step ladder I'm still climbing on chairs and counters.

Quoting proudmommy03457:

I don't know if it's considered weird or wacky but i'm not sure if other women would have been as excited as I was about it. Two years ago my husband got me a step latter lol:-P
I am 5ft 1 and I was all the time complaining because I couldn't reach anything. I didn't think my dh paid attention to me when I complained but he did. I found it funny but incredibly thoughtful that he got it for me:)

scrapperv
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:15 AM
My grandma gave us a pair of ugly socks and we would rewrap them and give them to a diff family member every year. My hubby got them last on our first xmas lol. I got this mumu type nightdress from my aunt on year .also for a few years my sil would pass back and forth to my hubby a wrapped BRICK. LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bek2525
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I once received a keyboard for Christmas so he could use it for his band.   Also my x-mil gave me a set of plates when I opened the box there were a bunch of ants inside. I was so grossed out. 

lucky3x
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM

My MIL gave me HER old lingerie including a red garter belt. Creepy...wondering if my husband was conceived when she wore these!

WesternNYmom
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Wackiest gift:  My aunt and her then husband, gave me shoebox full of religous pamphlets for Christmas. I was 8.  They got them free from their church, and my aunt's jerk husband thought they would be a great gift for me and my brother.  I still can't believe, my aunt went along with it. I would rather have gotten and empty box.

worst gift:  I was about 12 and one of my other aunt's gave me a box full of hair accessories that she made herself.  The only problem, was that I was 12 and the accessories were made for a 4 year old.  PInk satin bows, headbands with big flowers on them etc.  That woman forgot that I was almost a teenager.  I ended up giving them to my mother to use for my little sister's hair.

jengo413
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM

a couple yrs ago my MIL got me a bar of soap lol but it wasnt like an ordinary bar of soap that u buy from the store. it was like a "fancy" bar with designs carved into it. and she didnt even wrap it she just threw it into one of the gift bags that she had put one of DH gifts into. and when he pulled it out he was like whats this and MIL said oh thats for her and just pointed at me lol yeah i never used it or even opened the box it was in. its actually a gag gift that my and some of my friends pass around now. secretly of course tho lol

iviemom
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I got a sex toy package from a woman who was interested in my hubby. Does that count?

jengo413
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i bought some for my cousin as a gag gift for xmas last yr. and she was a good sport wore them and everything for the day lol

Quoting soontobemommy22:

my mother in law got me adult size footie pjs I was not happy

jengo413
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM

my MIL got me a bar of soap one yr lol i dont think she likes me lol

Quoting lisajo76:

Some rope and tie bands from my ex mil. We didn't like each other. I gave her bathroom soaps.

bellygirl
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I'm a teacher and a runner. I also exercise daily. I once got exercise spandex clothes from a father of one of my students.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)