Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the weidest or wackiest holiday gift you've ever received?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (21-30):
VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Is it possible the person stole them thinking the bottles were in there?!?

Quoting salviniata23:

i got perfumes well what i thought was until i opened them and nothing was in the boxes lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Last year my FIL gave me a loaf of bread :-/

ahappymommy
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother in law got me a box of expired medication,and I have no idea what she thought I was going to do with it, its like she went through her cabinet or one of those discount grocery stores and bought every out dated pill, cream, spray, ointment, tums, cough syrup, eye drops, just about everything..and put it in a box and wrapped it, I think she was trying to kill me!
childofgod04
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of anything other than some horrible clothing that was too big. I always say thank you though and then dispose of or donate what I don't need or want.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

AMCMSM
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:02 AM
7 moms liked this
My jaunty got me a size 5T care bear nightgown when I was 24...I had no kids at the time not even pregnant or in a relationship.

When I was 17 I got a bright red sweatshirt with a giant clown face on it. It was all handmade...satin and lace. It was evil and I was afraid of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KsenijaR
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

–°eramic dog figure for garden decoration, although I live in apartment and don't have any garden. :)

abbie.alder
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Socks. I HATE getting socks.

MumsTheWord571
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:44 AM

OH! DH gave me a massage chair one year for Christmas. Then proceeded to give me every excuse in the book on why he couldn't give me a massage.... so the next year I sold it.

TTC2Long
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:54 AM
My mil, before we cut her out of the family, use to give the wierdest gifts. She was a hoarder and used to buy out stores that were going out of business or having massive clearances or she would hit garage sales - not that she needed anything. She'd buy it just in case and then pile it in her garage. At our engagement party, she gave then-df a light up guitar lamp. Because he plays guitar. :S We opened it in front of all our friends and family and had to pretend to like it. She also gave us a set of walkie talkies in the same gift and a bunch of crazy random crap. There were many Christmases when not a single gift left my trunk - until I went to the goodwill drop off spot! I was also an xs and she was always buying me size 8 clothes from garage sales.
TTC2Long
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh! And an old bf got me a Kleenex box cover in the shape of a couch. It was chenille and had tiny doilies, a tiny teddy bear and a tiny tea cup and saucer hot glued to it. He also got one for his grandmother. That was the last birthday I spent with him. Wonder why?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN