Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the weidest or wackiest holiday gift you've ever received?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I absolutely believe that it's the thought that counts ...but I have to admit, some gift choices totally give me pause. One year, my mother in law got me cooking lessons. The message was loud and clear -- she hated my cooking. My best friend once got a case of baby wipes from a boyfriend -- and she doesn't even have kids! He thought they would be handy for wiping up messes.  Anyone else ever get a gift that made them think --what the heck?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bellarose0212
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:15 AM
2 moms liked this

My MIL (at the time was my boyfriend's mom, we were still dating) got me a belly dancing outfit. I was 17. No idea what that was about still to this day. She is not a funny, fun, or jokey person. In fact, she rarely smiles and is typically bitchy to everyone.

I just have no idea what message she was trying to send.

Clei420
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I got a shower head from an ex for Valentines Day...lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:00 AM

A used avon chapstick.

My mom tells everyone how when I was little little, she bought me a black barbie, for the sake of ethnic diversity. She says I turned to her, looked puzzled and said 'why would you do that?'

She thinks its hilarious.

Ginnygurl97
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:15 AM
One year my former mil bought a big box of salt water taffy. Which is well and good, except that I had just put a few grand into getting my teeth fixed w caps, veneers, and a partial. -thanks ma, let me just rip out all that nice shiny new dental work! And she new I wasn't supposed to have it, so it wasn't one of those.

She also got my at the time 6 yr old son the movie "Annie". He was like "this is a girls movie grandma!!!" Lol----she missed that year big time!
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this

a super thick, fuzzy, polar fleece housecoat..... in Arizona.

Lizzys_mommy13
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:20 AM

I haven't, but someone got my husband one of those mens g-string things a couple years ago. It was as a joke... I think. lol

CowgirlSoldier
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I got a dragon statue from my Mother In Law for christmas. It was like a little dragon with dragon figurine. She told me one was me and one was my husband. WEIRD! 

• We don't even like dragons.
  • She doesn't like them either as far as I know.
  • It was just weird.

The best part is two years later I gave it away at one of those white elephant gift exchanges!!

Lindsey1126
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:23 AM
When I was 18 I got a furry dress up pocketbook..it came from the toy section for girls and the woman who brought it wanted to take pictures of me holding it.
mattiehatter
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM

My husband and I had only been together for a month and a half when our first Christmas occured. He gave me a manicure set. I didn't care.

Jadegirl1819
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:32 AM

When I was at my lowest weight my MIL got me a workout video.  It was like a slap in the face. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)