Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do my grandparents expect this?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

My father has drg and alcohol problems, he has been in and out oftrouble his whole life. he was emotionally and physically abusive towards my mother (who finally left him in 02). Yet my grandparents have always bailed him out, paid for lawyers, paid his rent, and whatever woman he is with at the time bares all of the blame for his actions. They still blame my mother for my father getting into trouble. She was right to call the police and if he had been my son I would have let him rot in jail.

why do they continuously bail him out and blame others for his actions? Why do they expect me to be kind to him and pretend he was a wonderful and caring father?I care about my grandparents, Idon't want to hurt theirfeelings but i think they're delusional. The man is 50 hes not going to change.

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Enablers never help.

happinessforyou
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Denial is lovely city to live in............

clp0930
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM

It just makes Christmas suck, but they're very old. what if they aren't here next Christmas. Then I would feel so guilty.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

People are stupid. Honestly, I think some people are just incapable of realizing that their family member may be the bad guy. So they try to twist it to make them look innocent. And in their crazy mind they probably are.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:09 AM

they are enabling him

thefiregoddess
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:15 AM
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this

some people are as addicted to the enabling as the person they are "helping" is addicted to their poison. they just can't stop themselves because they think if they don't help, someone will find fault with THEM.

schatzi869
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Because he is their son. Some parents never give up on their children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Some just can't see it. They are blind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KaysMom06
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Maybe its because they dont want to look at themselves and see what they have done wrong when raising him. Maybe it hurts too much? Its easier to blame others than to blame yourself. Sorry you have to go through this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)