Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby is being denied his RSV shot for all the wrong reasons

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM
  • 83 Replies
Hey my name is Amanda and I am starting a petition against my son Alexander's health insurance company for denying him his RSV shot for all the wrong reasons. I wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to get as many signatures as possible and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/coordinated-care-health-insurance-stop-denying-my-baby-his-rsv-shot-3?share_id=XElbxkzpvL

Please Send this to as many People as you can. Alexander deserves his shot.
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM

good luck

merinasmommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this
well what are the reasons he is being denied?i would like to know more info before i do anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltycoqui
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this
You might want a lawyer. Maybe a doctor could point you towards an advocate. Good luck.
Xander2212
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Well the letter said he's denying him because he doesn't have lung disease or congenital heart disease. Well he does have congenital heart disease. He's got Wolff parkinson white syndrome and super ventricular tachycardia. Which are heart defects and he was born with it. Diagnosed at 28 weeks in utero and born 34 weeks premature. The health insurance company said all he has is an arythmia and that he isn't qualified unless he had a worse condition. Well it's not an arythmia it's a valve malfunction and he has been on medication seance he was in my stomach and still takes his meds and if he doesn't he will die. My sons dr and cardiologist tried to appeal the letter but they said no still even though the drs said he needs the shot but the Insurance company doesn't want to pay for it because he is a very expensive patient because of all the test and screening he has to get. So I took it upon myself as a mother to start this petition to get them to see they messed with the wrong person and it was wrong of them to deny a baby the shot he needs. I hope that's enough info to get you to help.
Bethy16
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 yr old got the synergis shot due to her prematurity. I know things have changed. My baby is 8 months old and had RSV in June. It left her with damage to her larynx and trachea and pasta. Our insurance company denied the VAX for her saying the flu shot should suffice. We are in the middle of appealing. Good luck.

Quoting Xander2212:

Well the letter said he's denying him because he doesn't have lung disease or congenital heart disease. Well he does have congenital heart disease. He's got Wolff parkinson white syndrome and super ventricular tachycardia. Which are heart defects and he was born with it. Diagnosed at 28 weeks in utero and born 34 weeks premature. The health insurance company said all he has is an arythmia and that he isn't qualified unless he had a worse condition. Well it's not an arythmia it's a valve malfunction and he has been on medication seance he was in my stomach and still takes his meds and if he doesn't he will die. My sons dr and cardiologist tried to appeal the letter but they said no still even though the drs said he needs the shot but the Insurance company doesn't want to pay for it because he is a very expensive patient because of all the test and screening he has to get. So I took it upon myself as a mother to start this petition to get them to see they messed with the wrong person and it was wrong of them to deny a baby the shot he needs. I hope that's enough info to get you to help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyanntech
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM

good luck... but what was the reasoins why he was denyed??

Xander2212
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Xander2212
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I'm very sorry to hear what happened to your daughter. I'm hoping that maybe this petition will change health insurance company's minds and stop this crap. What would happen if one of those babies died, the insurance company would get sued sooooooo bad. If my son gets RSV because of this I'm going to flip and they will see mamas dark side, they are only seeing some of it. I'm so angry at the health company's. me an u are not the only ones with babies who were denied the shot I've talked to a lot more and all of them including your but excluding mine, have all gotten RSV. It's sickening to hear that the health companies can do this. It makes me so sick. I hope you am get some help also, thanks for the support. I you haven't signed yet please do and hopefully it will help us all and pass it on. I wish us all luck
edelweiss23
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM
My oldest child was born at 28 weeks gestation and she received it.

Was your child born at 34 weeks gestation. Or 34 weeks early?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Why don't you just pay for them then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)