Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

rush help for 1st bdays!

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
hi! my baby is turning 1 this 29 so am quite busy planning..
I have a little problem and hoping am not bothering anyone..
What is the best first birthday cake for your child?
My son's theme is Cars (you know,the cartoon movie.. Cars) so it's red. all red..
and..any suggestion for giveaways? :)
thank you so much for the help in advance! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM

We didn't give out favors for first birthdays. If you have a lot of older children I guess it makes sense though. Stickers, pencils, candy, etc... the party store has TONS of little Disney Cars themed items or I'm sure you can find some at Dollar Tree as well. 

I'm not sure what you mean by best birthday cake for your child? Are you talking about the flavor, style, etc?  My youngest had a white smash cake in the shape of an owl to match her owl theme. I think with my oldest we just cut him a slice of his cake. 

siegmom
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM
guess am going at the party store tomorrow..
with the best cake,am talking about the style and flavor as one..
by the way, what would be a good flavor for a smash cake?

Quoting splatz:

We didn't give out favors for first birthdays. If you have a lot of older children I guess it makes sense though. Stickers, pencils, candy, etc... the party store has TONS of little Disney Cars themed items or I'm sure you can find some at Dollar Tree as well. 

I'm not sure what you mean by best birthday cake for your child? Are you talking about the flavor, style, etc?  My youngest had a white smash cake in the shape of an owl to match her owl theme. I think with my oldest we just cut him a slice of his cake. 

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I think white cake is a good flavor for a smash cake. 

Here are a TON of cute Cars cake ideas.... http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=disney+cars+cake

You could even use his smash cake for the top layer of the cake & have it be removable to where it just slides off when you are ready for him to have it. That way it is cute for the party. :)

Quoting siegmom:

guess am going at the party store tomorrow..
with the best cake,am talking about the style and flavor as one..
by the way, what would be a good flavor for a smash cake?

Quoting splatz:

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

This was my daughters 1st birthday cake. There was a layer of cardboard in between the bottom and top layer. So the top layer slid off for her smash cake.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

This was what it looked like seperated.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM

My dd's 1st b-day was ladybugs. I don't recall giving out party favors. I do now but didn't then. Didn't have a smash cake either. I'm just not into that. I do agree with the Dollar Store. They have tons of stuff for kid birthdays and favors. Cars is still popular. You will find great stuff.

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM

We didn't do party favors or bags. We also didn't do smash cake. It wasn't a big thing locally back them. I never heard of them and then it was like BOOM huge. 

We just did balloons. :) 

Love the pictures posts. 

Happy First Birthday :) Cars is a cute theme. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)