Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

to first time mom

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:05 AM
  • 12 Replies

what do u suppose to do when him want stop crying n he not wet n u feed him

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:49 AM

It can be so many things. Over tired, over stimulated. Just need to cry, Colic. Hugs. It has been 17 years for me. Hopefully you can get a bump here & some with babies can help. 

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM
He needs to be held. Baby wearing with a sling or front pack is great for this. If you are nursing, put him to breast whenever he cries, ignore the clock. If bottle feeding, try smaller bottles fed more frequently. Babies' tummies are very tiny, and it is possible to feed too much at a time when bottle feeding.
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Could be many things, gas bubble that hurts, teething, over tired, ...

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Quoting MusherMaggie:

He needs to be held. Baby wearing with a sling or front pack is great for this. If you are nursing, put him to breast whenever he cries, ignore the clock. If bottle feeding, try smaller bottles fed more frequently. Babies' tummies are very tiny, and it is possible to feed too much at a time when bottle feeding.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM
If its my baby, its a gas bubble or nap time. How old is your baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylasMama11
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

he may have gas.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I agree with the other ladies... it could be a million different things. Music always worked for my kiddos to calm them down. 

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Someone told me about the 5 S's when my youngest was a baby, I had never heard of it before. But its really good advice for soothing a baby. Especially since its easy to get overwhelmed & just be unsure what to do...

If you have tried these techniques with little success, you may want to consider Dr. Karp’s “5 S’s System.” According to Dr. Karp, to sooth a crying infant, recreating the womb environment helps the baby feel more secure and calm. Dr. Karp recommends:

• Swaddling: Tight swaddling provides the continuous touching and support your baby is used to experiencing within the womb.
  • Side/stomach position: The infant is placed on their left side to assist in digestion, or on their stomach to provide reassuring support. “But never use the stomach position for putting your baby to sleep,” cautions Karp. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) is linked to stomach-down sleep positions. When a baby is in a stomach down position do not leave them even for a moment.
  • Shushing sounds: These imitate the continual whooshing sound made by the blood flowing through arteries near the womb.
  • Swinging: Newborns are used to the swinging motions within their mother’s womb, so entering the gravity driven world of the outside is like a sailor adapting to land after nine months at sea. “It’s disorienting and unnatural,” says Karp. Rocking, car rides, and other swinging movements all can help.
  • Sucking: “Sucking has its effects deep within the nervous system,” notes Karp, “and triggers the calming reflex and releases natural chemicals within the brain.”
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Music is always a good thing too. I like the S list too.

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:58 AM

How is he doing now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)