Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

WOW! I Such negative responses to Drug untervention and Eduacation!

Posted by   + Show Post

I came here to "CafeMom", because I thought it would be a good place to get out the word about OTC medications that are addictive and dangerous. Instead some of you got some way way off ideas that I had something against the stores or pharmacies. It even went as far as some ladies telling me that I need to do something constructive with my life! lol. I am sorry but since my son's death last year from an overdose of OTC medications, I can not see a more constructive way to help other kids and parents then eduacating them on this growing epidemic and yes also by trying to slow down the abuse by getting the State to restrict the sale of medications that have Dextromethorphan in it. I am not naive enough to think that even all of that will stop this kind of abuse but it will make people aware of how dangerous this medication can be. I also think that it will slow down this epidemic. And as far as the notion that they will just move onto something else uh of course they will and when that happens I pray to God that the Mother of that child has the same set of morals and strong will as I have. I hope I gave the correct impression this time, because I have no complaints or vendetta's  with any store or there employee's! So please if you are going to pose an opposite opinion please stay on topic this is about getting out OTC drug abuse awareness and more stringent buying restrictions! The topic is not my son! I will not take kindly to anyone judging my dead son.

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Replies (11-13):
MoeksieNature
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I also believe if you curb one think kids or addicts will find something else, but it doesn't mean we have to make it easy for them. I don't want to bring your son up if you do not want to talk abt him that's fine, but would you be so kind as to elaborate about the epidemic. How do we spot it? What's the trends? What do we need to look out for. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariem75
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Well I am not here to argue and get into lil highschool fights so I will stay away from groups like that! lol I am just here to try and help other Mothers to understand what kind of danger some OTC medications can be. What I don't understand is why that would make these woman upset?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Hugs...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)