Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

seriously??!!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM
  • 15 Replies

So my dh is the one that gets the mail usually, so today when the mailman came, i signed for a certified letter.  I opened it, and it was a garnishment letter from the court!!!  He apparently didnt pay off his old truck and now they are freezing our account til March!!  I called the bank to see if there was any way of setting up a payment plan but they wouldnt talk to me because I am not on the loan, so I spoke with dh when he got home and he was pissed, I couldnt understand why he never called about the letters he was getting in the mail regaurding his bill. 

I went to talk to my mil about it, to ask her advice and she kept saying she couldnt help us, I told her I didnt want her help just wanted to talk.  so after I left there, she called here and told him that I went over there asking for money!!  dh knew what happened because I told him before she called, so he set her straight on that part, but she went on that I need to get off my ass and get a job, knowing that I could hear every word she was saying.  So now I am taking a leave of abscense from school because I can't afford to go anymore and going to put in apps for a job.  I hate that he has done this to us and our children, I just hope I can find a job to keep us afloat...

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ansemom
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this

WOW! Well yes you need to get a job. I guess you knew that though. I think you also need to step up and take the financial reins. I wonder what else your husband isn't telling you.

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. I can't believe he blew it off. I for sure wouldn't go talk to her about it though. She might have thought that you were hinting for the money & hinting that you were bashing him ( though he did totally drop the ball ) So she reacted. I don't agree with how she went about it, at all. Though it is true you are going to have to take a leave of absense from school & get a job. Just how it is going to be. 

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I have a friend who has both her and her dh's checks direct deposited into her account and she puts money in his account when necessary. He has a problem with payday advance places and blowing money on stupid shit like fake samurai swords. And we had a friend who divorced nhis wife because he didn't know she hadn't made their mortgage payment in 6 months. It was the one bill she was in charge of and he thought that it was automatically withdrawan from her account. Then the sheriff came knocking serving papers on them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you. You have to suffer for what DH did. I would be furious!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Sorry mama. : (
lillucky8
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Thats terrible. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I hope it can get things squared away. Its a rough situation. Good Luck. 

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Hope you can find a job quickly. Hugs. 

Reankanesmom
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

WHy in the world would he not tell you about this sooner before it got this way. I am sorry hun. I wish you the best. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I'm so sorry. Hope everything works out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN