Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Skin remedies....help

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hey ladies, I was hoping some of you had some awesome home remedies for healthy skin especially the face. I have really sensitive, dry, and oily skin. I've tried a bunch of over the counter things but nothing seems to work. I have to start wearing makeup in this new semester because of professionalism and I want my face to look nice so I can get away with not wearing foundation. Any tips or suggeations would be greatly appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saltycoqui
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I have dry sensitive skin. I use aveeno and eucerin lotions. Eucerin has no perfumes. My cousin works at a hospital and she told me about it. Try a makeup brand, physicians formula. They have mineral makeup just for sensitive skin.
mfsmom
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I'm an esthetician and deal specifically with corrective skin care.  Number one, especially if you are sensitive, is to make sure you are using the right cleanser.  If you can't afford a professional line, the best one readily available is Cetephil.  Basic, nothing but cleansing cleanser.  That will start to balance the skin.  Use a lightweight, oil free moisturizer.  If you have super dry spots vs the oily areas... use a heavier moisturizer just on the dry areas.  Use spf dailly- all sun exposure, whether or not you are getting burned-- is damaging the skin, further sensitizing it. 

And the cheapest things that may be the hardest- drink lots and lots (and lots) of water, get your sleep, reduce stress and eat your fruits and veggies!  No smoking, alcohol or sun.  I have a client who is almost 80 and because of her healthy lifestyle (read: followed this last paragraph her entire life) she looks 50!  Seriously, it is so amazing.  

Good luck!

Jkris521
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM

You can also try raw Shea butter. Don't get the lotion or creams t that have Shea butter though because the Shea butter has been refined and there isn't enough. You can go to Amazon.com to buy as tub of raw Shea butter. I use it for my skin, and hair. It works for  everything! Good luck!

SlapItHigh
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I really like dessert essentials thoroughly clean face wash.  I like jojoba oil for my face lotion.

ameraznkimko
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Essential oils have worked wonders for my skin especially lavender and lime essential oils...I also use a line that has essential oils in it and also a facial scrub with essential oils..oh and I also take them internally too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I really have no advice sorry. I have the occasional break outs and oily skin from time to time but everyone is always telling me what great skin I have. I do not see it but hey lol! You could always go to a derm!

lilpsmommie2011
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I've been to one, and it did help. But I'm trying to find some cheaper remedies. Also I can't get in to see the dermatologist until after school starts. The medicine they give me dries my skin out for the first few weeks and my face peels. My teacher will have a freaking meltdown on me.

Quoting Pammi86:

I really have no advice sorry. I have the occasional break outs and oily skin from time to time but everyone is always telling me what great skin I have. I do not see it but hey lol! You could always go to a derm!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Eucedrin always helped mine.

MusherMaggie
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Coconut oil, applied and taken internally. Even with oily skin, gentle cleansing and moisturizing are musts!
mamabear17
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I have the same type of skin you do. I use Loreal magic skin beautifier B.B. cream. It primes, perfects, hydrates, and corrects. Plus it has a tint, so no need for foundation or moisturizer! When I get out of the shower I smooth this on and that is all I need. For the first few minutes it does not seem to moisturize, but then all of a sudden my face is smooth and looks great, it really is like magic LOL. At night I use Loreal revialift on my face and neck to stop the aging :). The B.B. cream is about $8 at walmart, but you use to little it lasts for months. The other cream is close to $20, but once again it lasts me months because you do not need alot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)