Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help!!!! She won't go to sleep alone

Posted by   + Show Post
I have an issue hopefully u guys can help me.... I have a 5 yeard old daughter, soon to be 6 in feb. My problem is that she will not go to sleep by herself. I dont mean in her own bed i mean on her own. I have to lay in her bed with her anywhere from 10-30 mins and wait for her to fall asleep. This is really time comsuminh because i could be doing other things like cleaning up or getting her school lunch ready for the next day. I hope this post doesn't sound selfish, i love her but i hate having to drop everything im doing just because she has to go to bed and once shes in bed im relaxed and now i dont want to do anything... So how do i get her to go to bed alone without anyone having to lay with her... She has a night light, her favorite bear and she gets a last snack at night i dont know what else to do. Please help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Replies (21-22):
D_fluff
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM

i cant say that this isnt something new. ever since i can remember someone has always slept with her, but its gotten to the point where enough is enough. She's almost 6 and i think shes at the age where she should have her own bedtime routine.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Well, if you want to break the habit everyone needs to get on the same page. If she goes in their room they need to send her back to her room. Eventually she will fall asleep. She is definitely old enough to understand. Let her get up once to go to the bathroom. After that tell her tough luck. Sounds like it is time for some tough love...

Quoting D_fluff:

Ok the answer to everyones question what happens if i dont lay with her.... she simply wont sleep or she'll make her way to her grandparents room and lay with them.  I think 5 years is old enough for her to be sleeping on her own. She'll also stall her bed time if no one lays there and will constantly get up and go to the bathroom, she's gone as far as crying and she'll question why her grandparents can sleep together and no one sleeps with her. Im going to try talking and explaining it to her, thanks ladies :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)