Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Potty Training help

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

My daughter will be 3 & 1/2 at the end of January and she's still not potty trained. She will use the potty but its like she forgets to go to the bathroom because she's too busy playing and pees in her pull-ups. We bought her a princess potty, which she does use when she thinks about it. Any suggestions from any moms who have had a difficult child to potty train would be greatly appreciated, since she's about to outgrow her pull-ups. 

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babylove041810
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Have you tried rewarding her when she goes on the potty?
We had a hard time getting dd to use it.
We never forced her just let her do it on her own.
Try asking her every 10-15 min if she has to go.
Your pediatrician can also give you some good tips on potty training.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crazy301212
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I have to ask my 2 year old ever hour if he needs to potty. We showed our disappointment if he had an accident while being too busy. We did do the rewards and even when he had been pottying for months and tried to revert back to peeing himself we started the rewards back up. Good Luck!

MichelleMc
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Some friend set a timer? When it went off, it was potty time.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Take away the pull-ups. They are just over-priced diapers anyways. 

My son was 3 1/2 before he fully trained. I tried so many tricks/methods with him. I thought the kid would go off to college in diapers. Then one day he decided that he was a big boy & wanted to wear undies all the time. He never had an accident again. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Just have to take away the pull ups and have her wear underwear. Every hour on the hour take her to the bathroom.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd was 4 before she was really ready. We talked about it, I put her in panties and it took 1 day. I would say make sure she's Really ready, then put her in panties.

got3boyz
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM

We just put our son in underwear and kept reminding him throughout the day.  Or try a potty watch, you can set it to go off every so often to remind them to go potty.  

USCGAMECOCK92
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Lol. I'm beginning to think she's going to be in diapers when she gets married much less when she goes off to college. I'll try the potty watch because the stove timer didn't seem to work because it only dinged once and if we weren't in the room to hear, we'd miss our reminder. Thank you for the advice.
USCGAMECOCK92
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Thanks to all the moms who replied to my post. I had read an article by a child psychologist that said that a child must be emotionally and physically ready before they will be ready to use the potty full time. I feel much better knowing that she's perfectly normal where potty training is concerned. It's hard being a first time mom at the ripe old age of 43. 

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Mine have done that a couple of times...it does happen but will even out in time...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN