Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Frustration.

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm not really sure if this is the right group to where i can just tell you guys my feeling so maybe you can help out. But i am going to anyways so hopefully you dont mind?  Well me& my husbanc live with his mamaw while we are both going to school and working.  She always goes on Fridays and gets her great granddaughter who is about nine to stay on the weekends.  There has been two times where she has brought her over when she was sick.  My husband told her that she doesnt need to bring her over when she is sick because that is putting our baby at risk of getting sick and since he has a probably with his kidney and is going to have surgery in june we need to try to keep him as healthy as possible.  So she freaks out and tells my husband that she can do whatever she wants and that it wasnt her who got liam sick.  Other than her bringing her grandaughter over...she will pick up my son and lug him around like he is a rag doll && Today she stood him up to walk and just let his head bang off the coffee table. That was the only time i got up and said something because that really made me mad! I will hardly ever say anything becasue i am just not that type of person...but i am at the point now to where i need to say something but i just dont want to make things awkward. Sorry for telling you guys my whole life story. Any suggestions? confused

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hugs...hope things work out...

AvasMommaxxoo
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a tuff one because you live with her. BUT that is your child and you have every right to feel the way you do. You should definitely stand your ground girl. The well being of your child is more important then that womans feelings. Hopefully you can get your own place soon. If need be go to Social Services they can help you get on your feet to get on your own. Otherwise try to stick it out and when she brings the girl over and she is sick or anything just leave the house go to lunch etc or stay in your room watch a movie and have a cuddle session with your LO =) Dealing with difficult people can be very frustrating believe me i know! I hope everything works out. And remember that's your child and what you say goes..if she is going to act irresponsible i would limit her from even touching the baby in a nonchalant kinda way ;) Dont put up with BS because the more you put up with it the more she will get away with and do.

DazeDelights
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Since you live in her home the only thing I can suggest is go in your room while the child is there. I also like the suggestion about going to housing because of your child's disability they will place you faster
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN