Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Overwhelmed by Christmas!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
Christmas is a big deal to my parents, always has been. Growing up I remember being delighted by heaps of presents under the tree. Now though, while still very grateful, I feel overwhelmed by the baskets of items gifted to my family I have to find places for. Anyone else feel this way? It's not that a single item is unappreciated, it's just that the very thought of having to find places for so much detracts from some of the joy. What a contrast...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Barb10
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Thats me! We have all this stuff sitting everywhere.I was so happy for the cash and restauraunt gift cards cause we can use them and its not clutter.Its mostly stuff from my dhs side and now I have to prob get rid of it cause we have no room for the stuff,mostly knick knacks.We only bought gift cards or gave $$ this yr except for my youngest kids.It was so much better.I cant stand clutter and we put the tree away early cause we got so sick of stuff sitting around.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:24 PM
I have a two yr old and five month old, sooo many ppl get them gifts i feel like toysrus threw up in my house...i have no idea what to do with everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WithHope
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I hear that. Mine are 5, 2 and 5 months. Everyone went nuts! And due to illness & my middle man being hospitalized we have 2 more family Christmas's to go. Like I said we're grateful for it all and appreciate all the people who love our little ones but we just don't have the space for all these things.

Quoting lillucky8:

I have a two yr old and five month old, sooo many ppl get them gifts i feel like toysrus threw up in my house...i have no idea what to do with everything.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I always make sure to request clothes a size bigger than they are in so we do get some useful things too :)

Quoting WithHope:

I hear that. Mine are 5, 2 and 5 months. Everyone went nuts! And due to illness & my middle man being hospitalized we have 2 more family Christmas's to go. Like I said we're grateful for it all and appreciate all the people who love our little ones but we just don't have the space for all these things.

Quoting lillucky8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Totally understand! My kiddos got so much stuff. Thankfully we thought ahead and our youngests gift from santa was a collapsible toy box. So everything she opened went straight in there. Our oldest has a tote with his gifts in until they find a spot. Toys all over the place stress me out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jupiter5
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Agreed! What happened to the magic!?

Quoting Barb10:

Thats me! We have all this stuff sitting everywhere.I was so happy for the cash and restauraunt gift cards cause we can use them and its not clutter.Its mostly stuff from my dhs side and now I have to prob get rid of it cause we have no room for the stuff,mostly knick knacks.We only bought gift cards or gave $$ this yr except for my youngest kids.It was so much better.I cant stand clutter and we put the tree away early cause we got so sick of stuff sitting around.

jupiter5
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Next year we will do a thorough flea out of old toys and donate or junk em, I'm doing that this week with clothes and my own stuff
MamaMoopsie
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I feel you a little bit. My kids end up getting SO much stuff from people, not just at Christmas time, but throughout the year. Shortly before Christmas my kids and I went through all their stuff and they had to donate the toys they don't play with or don't like to Goodwill. I hadn't done this in a couple years and ended up giving two big boxes of toys away! They still both had those hanging nets over their beds still stuffed full of stuffed animals, toy small toy chests filled with toys, but their room was soooo much cleaner and I was able to find room for the things they recieved for Christmas. I, on the other hand, am having trouble finding room for this HUGE crock pot my BIL gave us. I love it and can't wait to use it, but it's massive and doesn't fit in our cupboards. I don't know where to put it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)