Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

can i press charges for this?

Posted by   + Show Post

my sister is an extreme crack head and very mentally ill. she has been in and out of jail and hospitals and refuses help. she has given up her daughter whom my father now has custody of. she threatens all the time to kill my mother because my mom(whom is her payee) wont give her money because she is known to spend all money and sell things for drug money. she has stolen a flat screen tv from my mom, my brothers game systems and now the question.. she was arrested the other day for shop lifting. i saw the papers this morning and saw the reason she was arrested was because she claimed to be me. the police papers have my name on it saying that my sister use false statements claiming she was me. now can i press charges for this? we are trying everything we can to keep her locked up for her safety and if this can do it I'm willing to press the charges? I'm sure there will be comments such as how can you do that to family. well she is a extreme crack head and is danger to herself and others.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
fortheboys1218
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM

YES YOU CAN PRESS CHARGES AND I WOULD!!

fortheboys1218
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Call your local State Attorney office and they will pursue a charge with a longer sentence

Kris_PBG
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I would imagine you can - call the PD - STAT!

AliKatAK47
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I would

VintageWife
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Yes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2mccarthers
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:35 PM

a person wont change unless they want to, good luck trying to keep her in there. we live in a fucked up system. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Good luck, I hope everything works out for your family.

DaniandTom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Yes, that is identity theft and she can do time for it. I'm sorry you're going through this with her. But you're right...she has to be locked up so she doesn't hurt herself or others, until she's ready to change her life and you can't force that. What a horrible thing to have to deal with! ♥Hugs♥

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I would think so since that would be identity theft.

terpmama
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Yes you can for identity theft, slander, and impersonation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN