Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i press charges for this?

Posted by   + Show Post

my sister is an extreme crack head and very mentally ill. she has been in and out of jail and hospitals and refuses help. she has given up her daughter whom my father now has custody of. she threatens all the time to kill my mother because my mom(whom is her payee) wont give her money because she is known to spend all money and sell things for drug money. she has stolen a flat screen tv from my mom, my brothers game systems and now the question.. she was arrested the other day for shop lifting. i saw the papers this morning and saw the reason she was arrested was because she claimed to be me. the police papers have my name on it saying that my sister use false statements claiming she was me. now can i press charges for this? we are trying everything we can to keep her locked up for her safety and if this can do it I'm willing to press the charges? I'm sure there will be comments such as how can you do that to family. well she is a extreme crack head and is danger to herself and others.

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Yes you can press charges and yes you SHOULD press charges.

Venae
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Better talk to the cops ASAP - because next time she's out and about and they have a warrant, if they find you, they are taking you in.  If you're alone w/your kids, they're going to child services until you can prove you aren't her.  Do it quickly!

hippiechik3
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Yes you can. However she will spend some serious time in jail. She might hate you for a long time but its a chance to get her real help.

SlapItHigh
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Yes, you can.

BettyBoop0124
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Yes I would press charges and see what can be done about her mental health in the mean time. She could have a undiagnosed mental illness that you may not be aware of and it sounds like something drastic may have to be done.  You may be doing her more harm than good if you don't do something now. I know it is hard to do this with family however sometime it takes tuff love though.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:18 AM

You can press charges. 

charnrich26
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM

we already know of her conditions..she is borderline personality, manic, and schizophrenia. only time she is getting care is when its court ordered after getting arrested. the system wont keep her in the hospital, patient rights. it sucks!

Quoting BettyBoop0124:

Yes I would press charges and see what can be done about her mental health in the mean time. She could have a undiagnosed mental illness that you may not be aware of and it sounds like something drastic may have to be done.  You may be doing her more harm than good if you don't do something now. I know it is hard to do this with family however sometime it takes tuff love though.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I think you could and I would.

orngblsm
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I am pretty sure you can.  what she did was a form of identity theft.  Not so longt ago, it wasn't considered a big deal unless the wrong person got arrested.  Now, however, with technology the way it is, there are laws on the books making it a crime.   I would talk to the police or a criminal law attorney and discuss it.

iluvmykids32012
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Then the next thing u need to do is finding out how or if it will affect ur personal life car, jobs etc..., so that u can cover urself for the present and in the long run. A hard decision, but a great one in the long run to teach her a lesson and for u and no1 else having to suffer because of her addiction.

Quoting charnrich26:

yah thats why she was arrested was for false impersonation 

Quoting rebeccasmly:

I believe you can but they may have already charged her for it. When my sister did the same thing with the same problem, they automatically charged her for using a false name. Call the police department and ask to speak to the officer in charge of the case.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)