Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

It's Coffee Break Time! Hot Topic: Can Justice Be Served In a Small Town?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break! 

The disturbing case of teenage boys in Steubenville, Ohio who have been accused
of raping a 16 year old girl last August is being played out on the national stage.
Accusations of a cover up are rampant because the boys are high school
football players. Football players, in a part of Ohio where football is King.

You can click here for more details. 

1. Have you been following the news coverage of the Steubenville case?

2. Do you think the accusations of a cover up are valid?

3. Do you think justice can be served in Steubenville or should there be a change of venue?

While you share your thoughts with us be sure to let us know what you
would like us to serve you!!

Be sure to check out these posts while you wait:

We hope you have fun and enjoy your time with us!!

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

It's 5:00 somewhere, so here you go.

Quoting eykelley:

Is there an alcoholic coffee shop? I could really use a MGD 64 ( just got off work) while I fester over this issue.

I haven't kept up with it very closely, but, it def seems like those boys are guilty & someone wants it swept under the rug. :(

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Iced tea coming right up!

Quoting auntangelofsix:

I have not heard anything about it till just now... A nice cup of iced tea

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quoting WowIllbeamom11:

I think it's disgusting that they might get away with it, unfortunately people don't readily accept that rape exists. They are more for blaming the victim. It makes me sick that so little people see justice in the aftermath of a rape,  the law generally doesn't care, to put it bluntly, unless someone is bleeding to death on the floor.  Sometimes the only justice these survivors can hope for is vigillante justice.   I'd like an almond amaretto :) thanks

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM

You are welcome.  :)

Quoting Mommy4two:

Thank you!!!!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Mochiatto coming right up!

Quoting Mommy4two:

I could use a HUGE carmel mochatto :-) "Thank you" ... I could very well see a cover up being done in the making... Aftr all its always the girls fault remember "rolling eyes" ... I get so sick and tired of hearing a girls creditiblity if she said NO then that means NO ... If you got her knocked out then you didn't have her permission to have sex with her either...

eykelley
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Oh THANK U!!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting eykelley:

Is there an alcoholic coffee shop? I could really use a MGD 64 ( just got off work) while I fester over this issue.

I haven't kept up with it very closely, but, it def seems like those boys are guilty & someone wants it swept under the rug. :(

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You are hardcore with your coffee!!! Im impressed! Here you go.

Quoting burgandymonroe:

I know it's a little late in the afternoon but I am a Starbucks "shot in the dark", that's triple espresso shot in a dark roast coffee kind of girl:) I don't get much of a chance to keep up with current events so I had actually not heard about this until now. I have however heard about other situations where things have been pushed under the rug so to say at various schools( a lot of time it's colleges where a lot of focus and hype is based on their sports teams) when a jock is involved. So I do think a cover up could be possible, especially if there is video of them talking about it.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:51 AM

You're welcome!

Quoting eykelley:

Oh THANK U!!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting eykelley:

LyTe684
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Nope. I don't think I've heard anything about Steubenville.

travelbunny
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting travelbunny:

I'll take a peppermint hot chocolate please.

1. I am disgusted with our society saying it's always the girl's fault. I'm disgusted that the defense puts the girl or woman on trial and that so many women fear to come forward with a rape because they fear they won't be believed.  Yes I have been following it. 

2. Yes.  I think it is sick that those boys think its funny to joke about rape.

3. I would not be surprised if there was a cover up going on.  Especially if the boys are jocks or their familes are rich.

Yummy!  Thanks!

Ecomaiden
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I definitely think there is a cover up going on. Those kids were blasting evidence of their crimes all over the Internet, yet very little is happening. That small-minded town is going to botch this investigation and I definitely think they need a change of venue to serve justice to that poor teenage girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)